Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My tale of woe....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning All,

A cautionary tale, not of any particular interest, just wanted to bore you all....

Flights all booked for our Easter trip, Birmingham to Lyon (and subsequent return) with Air France on Easter Sunday, returning the following Friday. Flag carrying airline, I thought. No issues with baggage allowances, ski carriage, handluggae etc etc. Pls a nice cup of coffee and maybe a croissant on the flight to boot. Very competitive price too - about half the cost of one of the so called budget airlines, with better flight times too. Smashing. Happy as a pig in shoite.

Then a couple of days ago, we saw the answer machine flashing away.

"C'est Air France" the message said "Zere iz a probleme avec your booking, can you call us s'il vous plait"

So I did.

Our outbound flight had been cancelled due to 'technical issues'. They had very generously put us on a flight to Lyon 2 days earlier, via Schipol after an 8 hour jaunt around the transfer lounges of Europe.

"Non, non, non.." I say "Not acceptable. What else can you do for us?"

"Nothing" says the young lasy with the sexy accent "you have booked using our 'budget prices' which means it is this alternative or nothing"

"Not even a full refund?" Says I, busily looking up flights to Geneva whilst on the phone

"Non, pas de refund, you Engleesh cheapskate"

"Hmmm, didn't we save your asses back in the '40's" I enquire

"Of course, let's have another look at what we can do...." she purrs

Net result - flights switched from Friday via half of Europe to a direct flight on the Monday. Return flight switched from Friday to Sunday at no cost, despite 'ze terms et conditions' whch meant we should have paid. Two extra days skiing. All for beng pleasant and flirting outrageously.

Moral - check the small print when booking flights, or risk getting stiffed.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Result Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Guvnor, yesterdays legal case against (can't remember the airline) should have put paid to this Technical Issues rubbish they have been getting away with - gonna cost BA/BAA a pretty packet Re the T5 fiasco
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Guvnor, Laughing

work with sexy foreign speakers all the time...... spainish and French mostly..not the gloggers, wink they sound like you have left a bad taste in their mouth...
They have been trained well.... bad news, good news...you are so grateful you'll even use them again.. wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Guvnor, what's it going to be like when video 'phones become the norm?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
richmond wrote:
Guvnor, what's it going to be like when video 'phones become the norm?

Plastic surgeory will replace law and banking as the professions of choice for public school educated breadheads. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And I always thought mentioning the war only caused trouble! Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

work with sexy foreign speakers all the time.

there's a lovely Frenchman on eurotunnel. wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

work with sexy foreign speakers all the time.

there's a lovely Frenchman on eurotunnel. wink
He's probably a plumber. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

He's probably a plumber

He's probably got a pot belly and black teeth. My plumber was WYSIWYG....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w,
Quote:

WYSIWYG
You 'got' him? Shocked

(Sorry about thread hijack.)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Guvnor, Must agree with the outrageous flirting. Combining it with a large amount of Irish charm got away with 7kgs of excess baggage flying from Grenoble to Dublin. A present of an over sized lolli-pop also sweetened the deal. It wasn't really a money-saving tactic as the french check-in girl was unashamingly gorgeous...... which we informed her several times Blush
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hurtle, well no, but he did mend the leak. Blush
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy