Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow... Preston Park, Stockton & Sledges!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We had quite a bit of new snow here in the grim North East yesterday (Thursday) so sledging was the order of the afternoon...

What is it with bl**dy kids.... My 17 year old son and his mates decided that the normal hill wasn't extreme enough so decided to take a more radical line which just happened to terminate in a small dense wooded area. Alex, out of control and doing about 20-25 MPH decides to brake by sticking a leg out and planting it into a tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just taking him to A&E as it looks like he's broken something in his foot! 6 days before we head off to Chamonix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rolling eyes well... he's in for a pretty dull 10 days then Toofy Grin

On a brighter note there was a guy there with skis (was tempted but I didn't fancy trashing my Mantras this close to jollys... was considering testing my ABS pack in real life conditions too but felt the avalanche hazard was just too great!) He'd built a little kicker and was getting some good air with a few little tricks thrown in... I was really impressed... If he's a member here.. It was good to meet you... Sounded like he was originally from New Zealand and was using Head Skis.. Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Vipa, Of shoite!!!!

I didn't know Preston Park had such slopes. My office on Preston Park was safe, warm and dry. I don't do jumps and ain't from NZ.

Call in for a coffee if you are passing Very Happy

Hope the numpty hasn't broken anything.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
D'oh !
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Vipa, Of shoite!!!!

I didn't know Preston Park had such slopes. My office on Preston Park was safe, warm and dry. I don't do jumps and ain't from NZ.

Call in for a coffee if you are passing Very Happy

Hope the numpty hasn't broken anything.

Just to the left of the main hill that heads towards the river there's a slightly steeper gnarlier section that heads through a clump of trees..... What a pratt... can't believe he's done it!!!!

It's his day off college today so I'm just waiting for him to appear from his pit befor I can survey the damage and head off to North Tees!!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 13-02-09 11:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My next door neighbour took my new snow boots in from the postie yesterday, and when I went to get them I mentioned what was in the packet. The boy's face lit up and he started going on about a snow slope near Darlington with real snow and a button lift...

...do either of you fine gents have any idea what he's on about?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FastEddie, not a scooby do.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FastEddie wrote:
My next door neighbour took my new snow boots in from the postie yesterday, and when I went to get them I mentioned what was in the packet. The boy's face lit up and he started going on about a snow slope near Darlington with real snow and a button lift...

It depends whether or not you consider Leeds 'near' to Darlington! Toofy Grin

I certainly don't know of anywhere, there used to be a dry slope in Eston but that closed years ago. The only others I am aware of are the one near Penrith and I'm sure there's also one somewhere in the Yorkshire Dales where there are button lifts in place just in case it snows.

But for the sake of all us North Easterners.... Please go back and ask him where it is Shocked

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 13-02-09 11:37; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There used to be a dry slope at Willington ( Bishop Auckland) and there is of course Silksworth.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FastEddie wrote:

It could be Castleford Xscape - about 60 miles away.

Or it could be Weardale ski centre, if he means "natural" snow (About 30 miles).
http://www.skiweardale.co.uk/
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Or Yadd Moss?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy