Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol B78 or Fischer Watea 78?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to Chamonix next weekend and am hoping to buy my first set of skis.
I've had about 5 weeks on the snow mostly on piste but more recently have started to venture off in to the powder a bit, the last time i used Rossi Bandit B2 i tried in both 156 and 168 and found that i prefered the feel of the shorter ski. Since then i've been keen to get a set of the Bandits but never had the cash.

I popped in to the ellis brigham store in bristol this evening and was recomended the Fischer Watea 78 as a good intermediate all mountain ski although they only had a 167 in stock.
From what i can tell both the Rossi B78 and the Watea 78 are quite similar in spec so i expect i would get on quite well with either ski, but i'd like some advice on which would be a better choice.

also i'm not sure if i am better buying in the UK or in Chamonix? I've heard Chamonix isnt the cheapest of places.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there,

It might be a bit late when you read this, but I just got back from the Three Valleys and skied a few of the Bandits and settled on Fischer Watea 78s.

I spent a couple of days on B2 womens, but found them a bit feeble and unstable. I also got a few runs on a pair of men's B3's which felt a bit more solid and a few runs on some B78s. The B78's were the best of all the Bandits - capable off piste and also able to do some gentle carving on-piste, but I really enjoyed the Watea. I found they were quicker from edge-to-edge than the B78s and were just no-nonsense do-the-job off-piste. I found the Bandits in general feel different to other skis on account of the almost elliptical shape near the tip - it's the kind of thing some people probably grow to love, but does feel weird at first.

If I was purchasing myself, I'd probably like to try the B78s a little longer to see if they grew on me, but the Watea's were an instant win - I was raving about them within the first half hour or so.

Don't know about the cost of buyng in Chamonix specifically, but it's certainly a lot harder than previous years because of the exchange rate. I've been recommended a 2nd hand shop in Chambery called Troc Shop - mostly 2nd hand but apparently there's quite a lot of good stuff around the 50 EUR mark.

Hope you have a great ski & look forward to hearing yur opinion if you get to try a few out!

Abby
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Abby, well i decided to bite the bullet and get the Watea and i'm glad i did, Having skiied most of the week on them i have now really started to bond with them, My friend hired a set of Rossi SC80's which i did a couple of runs on, they didnt feel as natural to me compared with the watea so i am happy that i have bought a good ski.

Chamonix is reasonably priced for buying Rossignol ski's but i didnt find anywhere selling fischer ski's and not another person on the mountain skiing on the Wateas.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy