Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski school in Verbier

Poster: A snowHead
Hi - a group of us are heading to Verbier in March and are looking for any ski school recommendations. Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are a number of good ski schools in Verbier. I've never used any of them so wouldn't like to reccomend, but I'm sure someone will be along to do so soon!

And welcome to snowHead !
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
face_plant, What are you looking for? Private? group lessons? what sort of tuition? What level?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a big group of us ranging from absolute beginner to advanced intermediate - i think the majority are looking for group lessons but a couple will want private tuition
ski holidays
 monster77
monster77
You could try any of these ski schools, Altitude, New Generation, European Snowsport or Adrenaline they all run schools in Verbier. Try doing a search in Google.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
face_plant,BTW, welcome to snowheads.

OK, the ESS (official Swiss Ski School) have for some reason decided that they will only do five days group lessons for beginners, more advanced get 3 days and good get two days. It's madness, but there you go. If you want private they do have good teachers.

Your advanced intermediates maybe interested in powder-extreme.com. A two day clinic could be just the job and they will get to see the best of Verbier's famous off-piste.

Altitude do well in putting together english speaking groups and are probably your best first stop for group lessons.

New Gen also have very good teachers and could be an option for privates.

The schools are struggling this year as lessons are the first thing people (misguidedly) drop when cash is tight, so you shouldn't have any problem with availability, although perversely, that means that sometimes group lessons aren't viable.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For saving money I would also suggest European Snowsports. If you are booking multiple discounts ask, Melody for a discount, tell them you're staying with me - she'll hook you up.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry to hijack the thread..

As a snowboarder wanting to try out the dark side would there be anyone in verbier who would be good for a few private lessons to see if I can remember the basics (a few hours of swearing at the planks is my total experience!)
ski holidays
 monster77
monster77
prog99, All the schools listed above would be able to give you a mornings tuition. or more if you think you need it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
monster77, clearly you have never seen me ski Crying or Very sad

Thanks for the info though< i will bear it in mind next month
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the advice everyone. parlor - I will PM you for some more details if that's OK?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
face_plant, sure!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry to hijack the thread.
I am out on th 14 March and am looking to do a day with a guide in Verbier.
I am considering trying to hook up with the SCGB to keep costs down as they have weekly guided days for free.Has anyone used this service.What do you reckon,+ points - points?
Or are there any guides out in Verbier that will do a day or a half day at a reasonable cost that come reccomended.
I have skiied Verbier a couple of times and have done a few of the itineries Etc but dont know the area well enough to get the best out of all of the terrain, hence wanting a guide to point us in the right direction.
If any snowHead are out in Verbier 14-19 March and fancy hooking up let me know.
Any advice welcome.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hedley, I don't even want to get involved in whether the SCGB will take you anywhere interesting. There's a thread of biblical proportions on here somewhere that talks about where they will and won't go.

You could sign up for a powder extreme clinic that would reduce the costs and you will get some tuition as well as going down some great terrain. www.powder-extreme.com I recommend them very highly. As far as guides are concerned, my personal recommendation is Stephen Hadik www.alpine-guiding.com. I don't think a half day is an option, or will give you what you want, and it will be expensive if you're on your tod. He's a great guy though and does his job very well.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Steve Sparks, Oh yes Id forgotten about all that fuory over the SCGB esp as there was a seroius incident a couple of years ago IIRC,but I was under the impression that they employed a local guide alongside the Rep for their off piste sessions nowadays.??
Thanks for the tips. Smile
I am in a party of 8 guys but only 2/3 of them are capable of skiing all the mountain ,hence me want a splinter group for a day.Im quite happy leading the way over most of the known itineries etc but alway err on the side of caution when going a little off the beaten track as I dont have enough' Verbier Knowledge' yet.

All depends on the conditions nearer the time though.
snow report
hedley, there will normally be one day a week (usually Thursday) for doing proper off-piste, where a professional guide is hired. This is not however free, but you'd stand a reasonable chance of getting a group sized such that the cost is not prohibitive. For the rest of the week it's skiing led by a Rep, and programmes are put up here. Doesn't appear to be up for that week atm. Normally two of those days are expected to be exclusively on-piste, but one of those days will normally be targetted at Advanced/Experts (i.e. purples and golds) and be largely itineraries and off-piste "within a short ski of the marked runs" for the weakest in the group - say 10-15 minutes away, which can get some good stuff, but not the kind of stuff you could get with a guide. Whether that matches your aspirations I can't say, but it may be worth talking to the rep beforehand to a) see whether he's planning what you're after and b) check you have a place (places are restricted)
snow report
parlor, I have tried PM-ing you but the message won't send - if I just mention the name of your chalet to Melody will that be OK or should I refer to you personally?
ski holidays
Has anyone tried one of 'Off Piste Days '(using local guide)with the SCGB ,either in Verbier or elsewhere?
If the weather is good I wouldnt mind a day on Tuesday 17 March.
It could be a decent way of getting a day out with a guide at a more reasonable cost.?
It doesnt actually mention costs AFAIAW on the SCGB website,but would imagine it isnt free to members like the normal guiding days?
latest report
hedley, I'm travelling out on the 15th March with Deb for a week if you fancy a slide together? I presume that you'll be on your usual mobile no?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
[b]spyderjon[/b Great News . Yes I am on the usual number.
We will definately meet up,that would be great. Ive got to break in the new skis and return home Thurs 19th,so sometime early/mid week would be good.
You on another course .??
ski holidays
hedley, no, just out with Deb
latest report
hedley, and spyderjon, I'll be there too...send me a PM with your phone numbers and i'll reply with mine (thus giving you the option of saying "what? rungsp? forget it!" Smile )
latest report
rungsp, Puzzled wink Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rungsp, will do.
parlor, conditions still good out there?
ski holidays
Bit grey and mis at the mo, very humid. Very light snow but the FL is around 1200 so no damage to the snow.
snow conditions
parlor, doesn't mean I don't still love you...just spreading it around a bit!

Or:

Is there something wrong with Hedley and/or Spyderjon (apart from the fact he probably wears Spyder....unforgivable!!!!) that you need to tell me?
Quick...you have my number...tell me all before I get sucked in by their seemingly friendy smiles and end up in some ski-horror experience.
snow conditions
hedley, considering the sun, very good. Checking the forecast = awesome potential. Skied Superbowl on Saturday, it was fresh pow all day...

rungsp, errrrrr? Not sure what I meant. Share the love, just don't share the secrets... Wink
latest report
parlor, cheers - I got the discount you mentioned from ESS - I owe you a drink!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The other option in Verbier is Warren Smith, he has run the Ski Acadamy in Verbier for about 15 years or so.
Lots of threads/posts if you search.
I (and the rest of my family, including my son who is now a part qualified instructor aged 17) can testify to the benefits of Warren and his team.
You can do a one week course at various times of the season and in non-course weeks you can do private tuition with him instead.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy