Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year Trip 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any little gems the snowHead comunity could share with me.

DIY trip over New Yr 2009/10. for 2 adults , 2 children.

The Brief:

Within striking distance of Geneva,Chambery or Salzburg.

Pisteside accomadation.

Chalet/Apt or Hotel.

Walking distance to a couple of Bars/Restaurants.

Would prefer smaller 'locals' type resorts with a modicum of character but not averse to the big resorts.

Resorts that spring to mind Grimentz,La Clusaz,Engelburg,St Foy, Peisey/Vallandry.

Have you been somewhere that fits the bill ?

Care to share the name of Resort X wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We spent Christmas in La Clusaz last year, and it was great. Certainly lots of character, although a bit pricey I thought. We stayed in a rental flat about 5 mintues walk from the lifts, booked through the resort website.

This year was Bad Gastein. Also lots of character (but somehow different from the typcial alpine village), and much more reasonably priced. Also stayed in a rental flat about 5 mintues walk from the lifts, booked through the resort website. I didn't really see much slopeside accomadation, although there may be more in Bad Hofgastein.

Engelberg is nowhere near Geneva, Chambery or Salzburg. I'm not sure it'd be my first choice with two children, either.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ami in berlin, Yes Engelberg is a bit of a schlepp to the slopes apparently, so no good.
Austria ticks all the boxes but its so hard to find slopeside accomadation
http://www.lesfermiers.com/hotel-restaurant-la-clusaz/articles.php?lng=en&pg=5
This looks rather nice but If I am reading it right its about 97euro pppn Sad Hard to tell from the website though.
This is the sort of accomadation that makes a family holiday so much easier IMHO .Skis on in the morning, drop down to a lift.
Skis off at the end of the day.
5 minute stroll into the village for a hot toddy.
Bliss.
snow report
 brian
brian
hedley, you could try the '.' in my sig. tbh, NY sells itself anyway, you don't fancy a nice quiet mid-Jan week instead ? wink Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
vaujany?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What about Les Crosets. Not been, but friends went first week of January and loved it. They stayed here http://www.mountain-lodge.co.uk/index.html

They said skiing was great, exceptionally quiet (they should have been with me at New Year at La Plagne, madness!)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ghost Dog, How did your friends rate the hotel?I am seriously considering it for New Yr 2009.Any one else been or heard any god or bad reports.
How about Les Crosets itself ?It seems well situated?Nice Bowl,links well with the Swiss Resorts and over to the french side Avoriaz so it could be a good little find?
Ive never done the PDS so fancy a change.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy