Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do my bindings need adjusting?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have just got my skis back from service and the bindings have been changed for new boots. However on my other pair of skis I have noticed their appears to be a gap (a good few mm) between the end of the boot and the binding. These were shop set last year, when I brought the boots. Should I move the heal piece of the binging up one more notch so there is no noticeable gap. I saw how the bloke did this.

I was planning on moving the heal piece up till it touches the boot is this correct?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, sounds like the heelpiece needs moving forward. The bindings will have originally been mounted for a certain boot length (ie 310mm, 320mm etc) & the adjustment in the heel is to allow for minor difference in the length of your actual boot (say 312mm or 318mm etc). This is known as the 'forward pressure' adjustment & it's important as the din release setting will only be accurate when the forward pressure has been set correctly.

The forward pressure adjustment will either be a screw adjustment in the rear of the heelpiece or will have a metal tab at the rear of the heelpiece which is lifted by a flat 'driver to allow the heelpiece to move fore/aft. If it's a screw then adjust it so that the head of the screw is flush with the housing when the boot is installed. If it's a tab then adjust the length so that the rear of the heelpiece lies within the scribed lines on the tab, the near the middle the better, again when the boot's installed.

There a few bindings on the market that have the correct forward pressure indicated in a window on the side of the housing but the adjustment is still either by the screw or tab method.

Don't forget that a change in boot length could affect your din chart setting.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the advice I will have a look when I get home.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok I have made the adjustments they now look like this

Now when the boot sits above the binding it more or less touches the heal peice. The final pic is with the boot in.

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like you don't have the scribed lines on the tab but instead have indicators either side of the tab that are designed to aligned between the two lines on the lower plate - I've not seen that version before. On that basis it looks like you've got them spot on.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks will get them checked when in resort on sunday. Not a fan of these bindings think I will up grade next year.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy