Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski instruction in Tignes (alternatives to Snoworks)

Poster: A snowHead
Having decided to book a week on a Snoworks course - it's looking like none of the dates for their 'level 3' courses courses are going to work for me and my GF Sad

I'm hoping to go to to Tignes on the 19th April (after the end of the Easter Hols) - so can anyone recommend alternative courses/schools I could consider?

[I could go on the 'level 3' Snoworks course a week earlier on the 12th April - but I'd really rather travel outside shool hols if can]
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

can anyone recommend alternative courses/schools

... or instructors for that matter Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are happy to go private then I can recommend Alan Hole (www.ski-instruction-tignes.co.uk) at Alpine Logic (ski-instruction-Tignes.co.uk). He does excellent private lessons that had the wife and myself powder skiing. If i was in Tignes this year I would be back having lessons again.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
try www.inspiredtoski.com

I went with them this year - they were very good - higly recommend Dave Peek
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You could try Inspired to Ski, they're based in Tignes and have a similar approach to Snoworks. They use BASI qualified instructors, quite a few of whom often work with Snoworks. I did one of their courses before christmas and can recommend. Not sure about the dates but their website is easy to find using google.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bonhomme de Neige, beat me to it Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

www.inspiredtoski.com

I had come across these guys - but from reading the details on their website it looks like the courses work on the assumption that you fly in on the Saturday, and I'm looking at flying out on the Sunday.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You could try Evolution 2.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You could try Evolution 2.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
abj, it might not matter about you wanting to fly in a day later although you will probably have to sort out your own flight and transfer as their package deal is Sat to Sat as you have found. If you email Sally Chapman, sally@inspiredtoski.com, tell her what you are wanting to do ideally and I'm sure she will come back to you if it's possible with a solution. Probably worth a try I would say. Good Luck.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Development Centre in Tignes might be an option. Our own Stewart Woodward might be another, or his mate Rorie Scott, both of whom get good reviews fromsnowHeads who have used them.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks everyone. Private lessons sound tempting might drop Stewart Woodward a quick line.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
abj, Have a look at another Stuart as well.. Stuart Bernard. Details at www.skifocus.co.uk
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Any one tried snocool?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Rorie Scott gave us a brilliant 3hr lesson for €130
ski holidays
My limited expereince of Evolution 2 (a couple of gentle afternoons off piste about 5 years ago) is that it was perfectly good.
latest report
Quote:

3hr lesson for €130

... as a matter of interest is this the sort of rate that I should expect for private tuition in Tignes/France. Or does it depend on level of qualifications, etc.? (You can tell I haven't had many lessons, can't you!)
ski holidays
abj, that's cheaper than say The Development Centre in Tignes who charge 210 Euros for 3 hours (according to their website-I've not tried them personally)

The ski courses like Snoworks, Inspired to Ski etc represent very good value I think for what you're getting, although you are in a group of 6 or 8 or whatever, you do learn an awful lot in my opinion and for £245 for the week (Snoworks £260 I think it is now) that's 15 hours of tuition for the week, and also you get video feedback with that too.

Did you contact Snoworks or Sally at Inspired to Ski to ask them if you could arrive on the Sunday instead and was that any good?
snow report
abj,
Quote:
as a matter of interest is this the sort of rate that I should expect for private tuition in Tignes/France.

In the Three Valleys for example you could expect to pay something like 164 Euros for 2-2.5 hour private lesson for 1 person in a British Ski School that is, not sure what ESF and that charge as never been with them
ski holidays
Quote:

Did you contact Snoworks or Sally at Inspired to Ski

Spoke to Snoworks - but they aren't running courses to suit my level the week I want to go. Haven't got on to Inspired to Ski, only because I'm leaning towards (maybe) getting some private tuition. ... however, it depends in part on the cost.
snow report
abj wrote:
Quote:

Did you contact Snoworks or Sally at Inspired to Ski

Spoke to Snoworks - but they aren't running courses to suit my level the week I want to go. Haven't got on to Inspired to Ski, only because I'm leaning towards (maybe) getting some private tuition. ... however, it depends in part on the cost.

definitely speak to the development centre - preseason they were running 3 hours 1 on 1 private for 150 euros, not sure whether there rate is the same now it's peak season but I'd thoroughly recommend them...
snow conditions
Hi, I had some private lessons with Stewart Woodward in January. Would definitely recommend, really felt my skiing improved and had loads of fun. Not cheap but money well spent.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy