Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere Esprit Questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Booked a week in March with Esprit, any experiences with Esprit appreciated, taking 5 n 6 yr old + wife stopping at Chalet Les Landelières, has anone been to this chalet or know the location?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
xelon, is that in La Rosiere? If so, it's situated at the foot of a nursery run in the Eastern corner of the resort - ideal for the button lift and only 15m or so from the end of the piste. It is a little on the dated side, but warm and comfy. IIRC it's one of the chalets where the childcare is run from, so no hiking in the mornings if your children are going into the kids club. Fairly handy for the area where the kids have lessons - a short hike up the nursery slope.

The walk into the main town takes about 10 minutes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chasseur wrote:
xelon, is that in La Rosiere? If so, it's situated at the foot of a nursery run in the Eastern corner of the resort - ideal for the button lift and only 15m or so from the end of the piste. It is a little on the dated side, but warm and comfy. IIRC it's one of the chalets where the childcare is run from, so no hiking in the mornings if your children are going into the kids club. Fairly handy for the area where the kids have lessons - a short hike up the nursery slope.

The walk into the main town takes about 10 minutes.

Thanks for replying Chasseur, sorry DOH! forgot to mention the resort, yes it is La Rosiere, and yes I have booked both kids into ski school/kids club (beginers 5&6) so its good for skiing in/out but a bit of a trek to town? prefer being close to piste so OK with me, how long ago did you visit Chalet Landelieres? Supposed to of had a Face Lift this year.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been with Esprit with Mrs QC and the kiddy winkies to Tignes, Plan Peissey and Saas Fee. Hotels are comfortable ( but dont expect luxury or lots of space), their Chalets are better. Staff are usually young enthusiastic and friendly..and as the season goes on they become more knowledgeable becoming seasoned seasonnaires by mid Feb.

Child care is excellent, kids ski lesson groups are small ( my son Max had one to one lessons all week last year in Tignes as no other kid was an "intermediate plus").

Food is good but may depend on your chalet host's expertise( ours in Plan Peissey would oftan have to augment the menue with extras which we were happy to provide from the local deli/butchers as there budget and supplies were limited).

I would recommend them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
xelon, Chasseur, it doesn't have kid care there, you have to take them across the piste to the bigger group. I was there a couple of years ago. Nice enough place Smile You have to walk up a green piste or a few windy roads to get to town. Good exercise! Piste-side is not quite right though; there's a narrow path from the bottom of the Manessier button to the chalet, and the boot room is a little further down the side.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the feedback, snow looking good, 92cm Resort & 200cm @2400m, off on 1st March so should be plenty still left. Have chosen to fly to Chambery due to shorter transfer (£57 supp. each!) does anyone know if Esprit coaches drive directly to resort or drop off at several before.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
xelon, I don't remember a stop. It's about 2.5 hours from Geneva IIRC. I'm guessing maybe 1.5 hours from Chambery. Hope the weather holds for you on transfer days!

It's a windy hill up to resort so if any of your party are prone to travel sickness, remember to take some of the bags from the plane with you!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy