Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Selva - How frequent and reliable is the ski bus service?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of going to Selva on a last-minute deal. Can anyone advise please on the frequency and reliability of the ski bus? The tour operator says the ski bus stop is close by but we don't want to be hanging around for ages waiting for a bus.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jehu, depending where it is, could be anything from every 15-45 mins. Try google'in the route. I can highly recommend the area but if I say any more some carbonara or someone will come and haul me off to a gaolo. wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jehu, here's the page with the info you need and links to the timetables:

http://www.valgardena.it/?pagid=454&artid=66&lang=eng
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The SAD bus service is spot on.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all - very helpful indeed.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We stayed in Hotel Flora and the bus service was spot on. Never seemed to wait longer than 10 mins in the morning. Go for it!!!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can anyone help me with the bus service from and to Pedraces? A group of 9 are staying with Colletts in Pedraces - some skiers and some walkers? I am a little worried we are on the edge of where the best skiing will be happening? Love this forum - only found it 2 days ago. wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Popski, welcome to snowHead
Looking at the map it seems that you have more options than just the bus from Pedraces - you can take a few chairs and be into the Sella Ronda via La Villa - close to Corvara. Sorry, I don't know the bus times but it looks like you have virtual ski-in/out ... lucky thing.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Popski, there is definitely a ski-bus from Pedraces DOWN the valley to Piccolino, where there is a gondola into the Plan de Corones/Kronplatz ski area, might be worth doing one day:

http://www.altabadia.org/en-US/skibus-connection-plan-de-corones.html

As there is a lift/piste connection UP the valley to La Villa and then into the main Sella Ronda at Corvara, I don't think there is a dedicated ski-bus service other than the regular (or irregular?) public service offered by SAD:

http://www.sad.it/index.php?page=start&lang=it (in Italian or German only)

I skied from La Villa to Pedraces and back last month, doesn't take long (about 30 mins each way) and there's a new lift in La Villa that makes the connection easier to the Piz la Ila gondola, but may get a bit tedious if you have to do it every day, would make a Sella Ronda daytrip quite a long one, but there's plenty to play in between La Villa, San Cassiano, Corvara & Arabba. Also the Hidden Valley would be a doable daytrip.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the information flowa and luigi - I cannot wait to get to the Dolomites having never skied the area having skied for the past ten years or so in France. Pedraces here we come. Cool

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 12-02-09 19:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Popski, have a great time, the snow is F A N T A S T I C Madeye-Smiley snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy