Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Coches/La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
1st time to the Paradaski.....Staying down in Les Coches....Looking for a heads up on peoples opinions of good ski area's/runs and one's to avoid......Also, if anybody has any knowledge of off-piste instructors that are out there.......

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 11-02-09 1:17; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We were in Les Coches last week and found you could get anywhere in the region pretty quickly. La Plagne is great for intermediate cruising - not that it doesn't have other virtues.

The run down to Montalbert is very scenic.

snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

La Plagne is great for intermediate cruising - not that it doesn't have other virtues.

Chris Bish, Mogels and pixies Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Now you see then - now you don't!

snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
barthez1980, when are you coming out and what level do you ski at. There are a few people in Les Coches that give good guiding and instruction. Have you looked at the ESF web site.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowcrazy, Im out on 7th March.....I'm a fairly good skiier, have done 2 seasons....Get around most things, can handle the powder, but by no means graceful.....

Haven't looked on the ESF site. Was wondering if anybody here could recommend people....Never really had good experience's with ESF.... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm staying in Les Coches for 3 days from the 22nd.

We will have Paradiski passes. 2 skiers and 2 boarders, all intermediates.

Any recommendations on avoiding the crowds and some 'must do' runs?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bar shaker, ditto!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yeah i'd like to get some must do run recomendations too - staying in La plagne from 14-21st March. can't wait snowHead !

will ski almost anything. but like barthez1980, it may not necessarily be graceful!

There's a bunch of people on here who should be able to help, boredsurfing, cockofthenorth, redrunmarcus - come on tell us where to ski! Although they might want to keep their favourite runs for themselves Evil or Very Mad !
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kamakazi red run is really nice in full sun.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
noggy, I'm staying with MountainSun at Chalet Mazot and really looking forward to it. What about you?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
barthez1980, DrE, a good idea would be to takesnowcrazy,advice have a look at ESF my miss's is trying to conquere the off this season and I have no patience with her so I spoke to some of the local esf boys and they said we have 2 off piste days Thursday and Fridays every week the price is 48 euros for the day from 9.15am till 4.30pm a maximum of 8 people which I think is a bloody bargain considering its 90 euros for a 2 hours private.. My wife has been going every Thursday possible and she loves it and she has improved dramatically, they take you off piste all day and they do take you to good areas . The good thing about it its not like a lesson you get a local guide showing you all the great off piste and also the odd tip/tuition on how to ski powder, all for 48 euros. I know that the Thursday session is a slower pase off piste and the Friday is a quicker pase, its worth looking into wink wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In Montchavin-Les Coches there is a section of the ESF which is called World Class Ski. This is directed towards English speaking clients. The name of the guy who runs is Sebastion Ragotin. He has a great group of instructors, and we use them regularly and have never failed to be impressed by them. We have done both on piste and off piste lessons with them. Can give you mobile number. If you are interested just PM me.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bar shaker, ditto! 5 of us arriving Saturday evening, leaving Wednesday. See you there. Smile
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
noggy, Will do! 4 of us inbound.

Perhaps some of the seasonaires, BB, FC, CotN, Rob etc could join us for a snifter on Monday night.
ski holidays
I'm in Les Coches from 14th - 21st March with a big family group including my new 8 week baby (will be 8 weeks then) as my skiing time is going to be very limited were there any suggestions for good fun runs close to Les Coches? If I can get my salopettes on by the time we go then I can ski most things.
snow conditions
Anybody recommend any nice restaurants in Les Coches?? Puzzled
ski holidays
http://www.montchavin-lescoches.com/www-restaurant_station-835-HIVER-UK.html

On this page you will find all the Les Coches restos on the RHS.

My top recommendation is La Taverne du Monchu, very good value for money, food is good, service good. Don't think you would be disappointed. Also got quite a varied choice on the menu.

Next is Les Carons, bit pricier but again good food.

Enjoy Little Angel
ski holidays
Bonhomme de Neige, you have a pm.
ski holidays
Great skiing in la plagne last week but crowded.
snow report
The crowds were not too bad this week, provided you stayed away from Plagne Bellecote mid morning or mid afternoon. Lunchtime, Bellecote was completely empty.

The runs down into Les Coches were active but you never felt crowded. The higher you went, the quieter they got.

Big tip: if going from Les Coches to Roche de Mio, use Crozats and Inversens.

Best mountainside restaurant: The one between Crozats and Carroley lifts.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy