Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head C220i, or any alternatives?

Poster: A snowHead
Im looking at going skiing in a few months with my university and im after some new skis. Iv got my own poles, boots and all the other equipment and as i go each year its easier & cheaper to buy now instead of renting each year. I also want some skis i can pick up & take to local ski slopes with my mates. iv got a budget of about £150< and havnt had a huge amount of luck finding any.

I have found these, Head C220i but i havnt found many reviews for them. Can anyone comment on them? if not, can anyone recommend any skis for the £100-£150 range?

http://www.outdooraction.co.uk/acatalog/HEAD_C220i_SYSTEM_ALL_MOUNTAIN_SKI.html

thanks guys Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
any advice guys? im struggling to find many other alternatives aside from a few Orions iv seen on ebay! Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Andehh, 114/68/98 is a decent shape that's been around since about 2001, the ski's behaviour will depend on your abilities, your size more than anything else.

BTW, asserting that it is "easier & cheaper to buy now instead of renting" and then having trouble finding alternatives is a bit of a logical corner to paint oneself into...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sorry, ment that from a financial aspect! its cheaper & easier 2 buy now, rather then finding & renting everytime i go skiing (be it at a resort or indoor slope).

thank you 4 the advice though! Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Andehh, how tall are you and how much do you weigh?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am about 6ft and weigh around 82/83kg. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
C220 is in the Head C range where the numbers go up according to ability. Up to 1400 so 220 is very low down - beginner model.
C500 would be a good place for an intermediate to look.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
beequin, I think the 1400 is from another series of skis. The C220 i think it's a discontinued model (replaced by the Xenon series?), but i seem to remember that they were decent skis for intermediates
Andehh, you can try this shop (from germany, but plenty of snowheads have used them):

http://www.sport-conrad.com/index.asp?disp=kategorie&kat_id=51
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sugardaddy, you are right Embarassed > Apologies all round.
Couple of reviews to make up for it.
http://www.snowrental.net/skiing/ski-equipment/head/2007/head-c220i-system.html
http://www.newgear.net/skitest_skis_show.asp?LA=EU&SP=SKI&YR=2005&TY=A&ID=HESAS1014
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.sport-conrad.com/index.asp?disp=artikel&art_nr=70400508

iv found these dynastars which fit my budgt, but as a first time buyer im not sure which ski (dynastar vs head) would be better suited to me. i am solid intermediate skiier, prefering fastish piste skiing to anything else!

thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it! Smile

(ps, i know head is a huge brand, but do Head have a good reputation for making decent skis, comapred to the likes of k2, atomic etc? )
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nothing wrong with Head skis, especially the Supershape!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Andehh, I'd go with the Head; the 220 was a fairly popular instructor ski at our local ski molehills, i.e. they would do pretty much everything to demonstration level at moderate speeds, ie up to 35-40mph, and still do it all at next-to-zero speeds when teaching beginners. Something 177cmish should be about right, if you are happy with that level of performance

Do not expect stability at 40mph+, do not expect off-piste performance, the mogul action is pretty nice, the ice hold is fair to decent, the float in powder, well, doesn't exist at your weight.

BTW, the confusion above stems from the differences between the Head Carver line (designated) C, the skicross line designated XRC, and the 'Oversize sidecut line - meaning race structure with far more than FIS approved shape, designated 'Supershape'.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just when i was liking the sound of the Head skis, i found these Rossignol skiis on ebay. Not only are they cheaper, but i prefer the graphics aswell. However, i again cant find any reviews, details or infomation about it on Rossignol's website or the internet in general. Has anyone had any experience with the Rossignol Jungle* skis? Based on the fact that the site were taking pre-orders for them in November makes me wonder if they are new skis, or old skis that have just been brought back?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROSSIGNOL-OPEN-JUNGLE-SKIS-162cm-BINDINGS-NEW-CARVERS_W0QQitemZ300269208419QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN?hash=item300269208419&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1298|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

edit;
* The full name, as far as i can tell, is the ''Rossignol Open Jungle 90 W''. Do Rossignol do an Open 90 ski, and could this be a special edition version of it?

thanks Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Andehh, I've got a pair of these and they have been great for me (I'm intermediate level skier, having doen about 7-9 weeks on the slopes)
Got them a couple of years back and have used them in Europe and Canada. snowHead
though not great in powder they work well on piste.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Rob, is that the Head skis or the Rossignol?

I called the store up asking about the Head skis and found they had sold out and werent getting any more back in stock (last season's model). Iv had a good look on the intenet and cant find any other site stocking them for the same (£130) price. Tad gutted especially with all the reviews iv read about them. That leaves me with the Rossignols (link above) or anything else anyone can advice for around the £130-£150 marker.

Can anyone comment on the Rossignols? thanks again
snow report
Andehh, Head 220i got them 2-3 years back at the Ski Show in Birmingham. sorry mate can't help with the Rossignols
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy