Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I am staying in the residence la foret appartments and was wondering if anyone had stayed there and if so how they found it.
Also if possible could you tell me the grade of run you have to take in order to ski to door.

Many Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That is the Pierre et vacances place isnt it?

They were fitted out a few years ago so now have flat screen tv's and other tasty touches. Nice bathrooms etc. Only thing is like all french alp apartments the rooms are a bit on the snug side.

Not strictly ski to door as you get to the bottom of the green runs by the base of the grand vans and then it is flat so you need to walk a 100 metres or so. So grade of run is whichever you choose to get home on.

Nice ski locker rooms come out on street level so no lifts or stairs to tackle with your equipment.

When are you going?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeh thats the one,

Thanks, thats gd new as we have a range of abilities in our group and we all want to be able to get bak to the accom on skis!!

Going at end of feb so 2 weeks and counting!!! - hoping for gd weather!!

Is it easy to get to the accomodation on arrival as i know it is pedestrianised and you have to get the funicula up?

Many Thanks!!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have stayed there many times at xmas, certainly the appartments are a big improvement now. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

How are you getting there, the coach/taxi or your car can stop right outside. If your own car you have 90 mins free to unload, then car park is very close.

http://www.flaine.com/pages/plan-station-ski.php?lg=EN look under - accommodation- reception & offices and you will find P&V Res Foret
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski - happy,
Flaine is pedestrianised but you dont need to get the funicular to get to your hotel.

Asgsb, said you get dropped off at the door by coach etc then park up. Not unlike centre parcs if you have been.

The funicular is for getting from Flaine foret (top) and forum (lower) areas on foot, there are actually 2 funiculars.

For skiing there is a funny stand in lift that takes you from the lower area and obviously you can ski down between the two areas.

As you look at that map the other snowHead has linked all the skiing is to the right of the village and you can see the funiculars on the map running between. If you are mixed ability you will be pleased to know the nursery slopes are right at your level a couple of hunderd (at most) metres from your door.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I stayed at the P&V a few years back. I must admit it was the nicest self catering apartments we've stayed in in France. There were 6 of us and we had a room for "7" and it was great having a bathroom and a shower room that weren't too poky. The worst thing about Flaine is if you go over to the other valleys and then have to return down a piste that EVERYONE is on at the same time. And when going up the Grand Vans lift in the morning and you see a lovely piste below you - well coming home it's a horrid mogully piste. Actually the worst thing was hubby breaking his collar bone on the wrong side of the mountain. It's a long taxi ride home Shocked
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can you book/rent these apartments direct or are they all let by TO?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can book direct http://www.pv-holidays.com/hu_flaine_ski_holiday.php but I have always used http://www.ernalow.co.uk/about-us-overview.aspx

I have compared prices in the past and they are almost exactly the same. I also get a loyalty and Skiclub disc with E.L. so it always works out cheaper for me. Their price icludes a club class tunnel ticket or you can reduce by £150. If you're thinking of this year I'm sure E.L. would work out cheaper due to the current exchange rate, unless you could get a last minute cheapie.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I agree with all above. You won't be dissapointed as the Aprtments are the best SC you'll get in any resort. South Facing are superb. Easy to access from road and to/from ski areas at base of Grand Vans. There's enough in the Flaine area for a family week.

Have fun.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi

Great, thanks very much for all the info

In answer to gsb we r going up on a coach from the airport.

Many Thanks!!!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ski - happy, We were there at Christmas this year. They are pretty good. The best P&V we have been in. They have the best best best ski locker rooms EVER. Boot warmers in each. The runs are nice and bluey green and it is about a 100m walk back to the boot room.

There is a Spar a few hundred metres up the road in a shopping complex where you can get beer top ups etc and we found that the butchers was good and you could hire a raclette kit and meat etc there which was nice and a lot cheaper. There are some bars at the foot of the apts, but we were mean and didn't go in.

You will have a great time.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hi all, will be going toflaine at the end of feb, i have heard that the off piste is great but have been told to get a guide as dangers lurk and that alot of people have died falling down crevasses. is this true? Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ianmr2, yep.

MarjMJ, we've been there a few times too and love it. They make up for the fact that Flaine is such an eyesore! If you go again, try eating at the 'Sucre Sel' underneath the apartments. Reasonably priced delicious food.
We aren't going this year and will miss it, though hoping to get a day in April Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ianmr2 wrote:
hi all, will be going toflaine at the end of feb, i have heard that the off piste is great but have been told to get a guide as dangers lurk and that alot of people have died falling down crevasses. is this true? Very Happy

Yep. The Flaine bowl is riddled with Limestone fissures some of which are 100's of feet deep, a guide is really the only option. I can highly recommend Manu Socie http://www.freecimes.com.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy