Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another Qusetion on Westendorf

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In a previous post Westendorf was highly regarded by people on this board so I am seriously thinking it might be a good option for us but the intermediate skiers need to ski the rest of the area conveniently i.e. no buses (I hate having to do buses!).

A question though as it is really not clear on the piste map, when you link up to Brixen it looks like it is possible to ski down to the link but when you return to Westendorf the bus looks like the only option as the lift does not appear to go all the way back to Westendorf.

Is this correct as I thought Westendorf was now fully lift linked to the Ski Welt? Is the piste map just out of date?

Many thanks

Kais
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kaiser846, All you have to do is get to Brixen take the new Gondola up and then ski down the Westerndorf home run.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is now a lift linking Brixen and Westendorf. I'm not exactly sure what clive5 meant by "Westendorf home run". Going from Westendorf to Brixen is slightly complicated and, if you want to ski all the way rather than taking the lift down, involves the quite steep Kandleralm piste. Coming back is rather easier. More detailed descriptions of two alternative ways to get from Westendorf to Brixen (either getting off the Alpenrosenbahn at the middle station and going on to the middle station of the Choralm gondola, or going right up to the top and then down to the bottom pf the Choralm gondola) are given by e.g. and myself in the thread Westendorf.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kaiser846, as clive5 says. Westendorf slopes are linked both ways at Brixen, so to get back home from the Ellmau/Soll etc slopes, ski down to Brixen, take the SkiWeltbahn lift up to Choralpe and then ski down the black or red to Westendorf. Or take the Alpenrosenbahn down Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, clearly the piste map on the Westendorf website is not up to date as it does not show the lift back going all the way to choralpe. To be honest as long as the nursery slopes in Westendorf are okay for the beginners it is looking good, oh and the low altitude is also possibly a problem. It is not easy is it!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Brixen to Westendorf is much easier than the other way round. Ski down to the bottom of the Hochbrixen gondola no.1, walk over the bridge to the new Skiweltbahn no.11 (last lift 4ish) up to the Choralpe, ski all the way down to Westendorf! You can either take the blue to Talkaser and then the red down or straight from Choralpe take the black to the middle Alpenrosebahn station where the red ends up as well, this bit got icy with piles of scraped snow and lots of traffic. Also a bit of 'road' just below the middle station was scraped ice as well. The black was great though, empty, nearly smooth and the sun came out at 4pm a couple of times when we did it. The nursery slopes in Westendorf had a really good base when we were there and piles of snow ready as well.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi, Thinking of going to Westendorf in the 2nd week of march, is the good conditions expected to continue. Best guess anyway, much appreciated.
Brian
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was thinking of saving for a year to do a ski instructor course, only speak english, any advice.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy