Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Villars Report

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Resort: Villars
Author: Red 27

Date: 22nd-25th Jan 2009
Our holiday: Lads weekend trip.
Basics : A key criterial point for this trip, Villars is within very easy reach via public transport from Geneva via quick, cheap and relaxing train. We took Swiss air flights from London City - a fantastic airport for weekend trips for those based in the Capital. A very hassle free journey was completed by getting a 60CHF cab up from Aigle to Villars
Lift system : Much has been written about the Villars lift system... Old chairs, puffing-billys and t-bar hell - but in reality for those not exclusivly brought up on 14 man heated, hooded, magic carpet chairs with piped music and on board mini-bar the Villars lift system provides interesting and characterful varitey. The main train up to Bretaye is a very civilised way to start the day as long as you go outside ski-school meeting times and when up the miountin all seems very normal. The 2 man horizontal chair over to Les Diablerets side takes a leasuirely 12 minutes but it's really rather stately to glide along admiring the scenary and, when approripate, the skiers coming the other way. Perhaps there are a few more T-bars than one might hope for...
The terrain : Plenty of flattering blues and reds, lots of skiing in the trees and the odd black, but the better skiing perhaps over on the Les Diablerets side. Plenty for a weekend, and possibly longer given decent conditions to keep the links open
The snow : We had all seasons.... Sun and perfect snow on days 1 and 4, belting rain on 2 and puking snow on 3.
Off-piste : There may some - but I can't, so I don't...
The resort : A highlight - beautiful, characterful, and classy with a couple of decent bars and plenty of good places to eat. Lots of well-to-do brits, which suits me, and lots of Swiss too, all very civilised
Food : La Cantina (Mexican) in resort and the little pizza place halfway down under the bubble on the Gryon side of Villars - name escapes me
Accommodation : Hotel du Golf - brilliant, best service I've ever had I think and my room was gorgeous, although they did seem to vary a little. Hotel is perfectly placed for the Train station just 2 mins away. Lovely bar in the hotel and brekky was good. Only lacking decent spa but I gather that is coming for next year. Great value too, thouroughly recommnded
Costs: I would say in the mid-range... cheap transport links help, but the village is not really set up for those on a budget (which is a good thing as anyone who has been to Les Deax Alpes will testify...)
Conclusion: Underated and overlooked. Along with the excellent hotel it was the beautiful tree-lined runs in Les Diablerets that will stick in the mind - as nice of those in Klosters - and they're nice.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice report. Thanks.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy