Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Destroyed top sheet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought a pair of new 06/07 PEs over the summer having read reviews about how fragile the top sheet was. They got their first big outing last week in the Grand Massif and, true to form, they've come back with a load of gouges in sides of the top sheet. What can I do about these (if anything)? Some are pretty big. Where the top sheet is still attached at one end should I glue it back down or trim off the top sheet? I realise it doesn't affect the performance of the ski but I now end up lacerating my hands on the protruding pieces of top sheet every time I pick them up the skis. It's ruining my hand-modelling career....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tommy4681, It makes you look gnarly. The important bits on the skis are the bindings and the bits on the opposite side of the top sheet.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tommy4681, I did exactly the same thing and after a week in the three valleys they're looking seriously rough.

I'm wearing the battle-scars with pride.............. and just picking them up more carefully Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My 14yo son has 2 seasons old Volkl Dogens, the top sheets are mullered. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So the common consensus seems to be just man up and deal with them. I think I'll take a knife to the straggly bits though just to save my hands (any real man would do the same...)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tommy4681 wrote:
So the common consensus seems to be just man up and deal with them. I think I'll take a knife to the straggly bits though just to save my hands (any real man would do the same...)

That's all you need to do, especially as you don't want one ski to snag the other if you inadvertently cross them. If you get one that's exposing the ski's core then overfill with a waterproof/flexible adhesive like Araldite 2010 or 2011 then trim/file/sand down flush when fully cured.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy