Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Supershape Magnum

Poster: A snowHead
skimottaret, thanks for the tip, but no I don;t have my own gear, but I do have a variable angle edge sharpener thingy but wouldn't want to touch my new lovelies with it ... but if you're in Mottaret at Easter and would be willing to do it for me in exchange for a beer ! Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
masmith
Where did you buy the Mags and dare I ask what sort of money did you pay for them? I'm having a pair, but like a bit of value. wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
masmith, i am staying in La Tania the first easter week with my clubs race team but will be hanging around Mottaret on the stad coaching some little ones at the british champs. i have all my gear in the flat in mottaret and could change em to 87 at some point would only take a half hour or so. might have to be a couple beers though after a day with minis ! Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret, ah, thanks for the offer but we are only there for the 2nd week of easter, from Sun 12/4. Doh.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mollerski, * why are you thinking anorexic Magnums? Don't you want to be carving high speed powder turns down your local couloir within the hour? Then cross blocking and clean carving arc to arc down the local stade slalom? As this unfit once a year skier reports it's as good on piste as off piste - go OBESE. You read it first here! Very Happy

*apologies, please ignore this post - it's drivel Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mollerski, from White Mountain Online, via their ebay shop. well chuffed, £349 but with red FF14 bindings instead of the usual green ones. they are selling the green combo for £499 but you can get them for about £420 if you do a google shopping search. This was a one off pair supplied to them cheap by Head cause Head had run out of the green bindings, so no more at this price at the mo, could be worth giving them a call though? Oh and the £349 included postage.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The babies have been delivered.

What do you think of the colour combo ?

fwiw I think it works quite well, certainly not as first feared - at least I won't pick the wrong pair up (or more to the point, nobody else will) after a lunch stop.

skimottaret, are these the not so good riser plates you were talking about ?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yeah those are the ones. THe toe piece binding screws stripped out on mine after i shimmed them up. Head replaced the plates FOC and to be fair the problem was really down to not having the exact length screws i needed. Head promised some longer ones but they didnt arrive i tried to make due with some slightly shorter screws and the toe pieces pulled out of the plate. If you ski aggressively keep an eye on the toe piece to see if any slop developes. A guy i know who owns a shop said they have had some problems with these....

a bit wacky on the colour but you will love em Toofy Grin Toofy Grin they are the best all round skis i have ever been on
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeehaa, just snaffled a pair from Hintertux, Austria via Ebay for £250. Chuffed to bits. Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mollerski, result. Filarin skis are now selling them for £375 in case anyone interested. Won't have the snazzy red bindings though Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah, got 'em this morn. Complete with green/white Freeflex Pro bindings. The Scrambler 8's are now history. Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
masmith, the red bindings look fine, they match the red highlights on the skis.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
uktrailmonster,

That's what I told him....Are we girls or what? rolling eyes Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kruisler, Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
my new plates that Head sent me have gone the same way of the last plates with the binding screws pulling out. total S**T plates from tyrolia.. love the skis but never again on the plates. may bung some VIST ones on when i get home.

argggg...
ski holidays
skimottaret, now you have me worried, next week I'll put mine to the test ...
snow conditions
keep an eye on the bindings screws and if they are high screw em back down, they havent failed on me but have worked loose in only a few days. on the older plate that didnt fail i had epoxied the bindings into place and they are holding okay. I didnt bother on the new one as didnt think i needed to....
latest report
rob@rar, I use the ispeed in a 175 with a 17.1 radius. Very very good!
latest report
I like those Magnums

Might need to have a nice word with the OH and get over to Clive at White Mountain......although I've hardly used my GS9s so she may take some persuading wink
snow report
gilleski wrote:
rob@rar, I use the ispeed in a 175 with a 17.1 radius. Very very good!

If I could ski as well as you I'm sure I'd love a pair of GS skis for skiing all the mountain. As it is I think I'd benefit from something a little tamer for bumps and off-piste Wink Can't see me doing the ISIA Tech on a pair of race department GS skis...
ski holidays
skimottaret, no probs with the plates or binding screws during a week in 3V, but saying that it was a tame week, spending a lot of time with the family. I'll continue to monitor over the next outings.
latest report
masmith, im pretty hard on skis as i am 100kg and have long feet which probably give the bindings/screws a good old hammering... also i was on a couple of courses and we did a lot of bumps and fairly aggressive skiing over the few weeks i had problems...
snow conditions
masmith wrote:
Mollerski, result. Filarin skis are now selling them for £375 in case anyone interested. Won't have the snazzy red bindings though Very Happy

bagged a pair for £213 Very Happy
snow conditions
dan100, AH! I saw a "SOLD" notice on a pair last night - with the name of Dan. I bought a pair of Dynastar Exclusive Fluid Lts for £176. Enjoy your skis. snowHead
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
dan100, AH! I saw a "SOLD" notice on a pair last night - with the name of Dan. I bought a pair of Dynastar Exclusive Fluid Lts for £176. Enjoy your skis. snowHead

really pleased. it really was a cheeky bid as i fully expected that someone else would have bought them by that time. only trouble its a long wait to use them which I guess why is nobody else bought them

enjoy your skis too
latest report
dan100, it'll be worth the wait, good deal.
snow report
dan100, great price and great skis!!
latest report
arrived yesterday all shiny and new. not sure the other half saw the funny side when I slipped them under the duvet on her side of the bed Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dan100 wrote:
not sure the other half saw the funny side when I slipped them under the duvet on her side of the bed Very Happy

Laughing
snow report
After a week on the Magnums last week, the verdict is good. The edge hold is awesome, hard fast carving is where the magnums really shine. However, I found them hardwork at slow speeds. Any slow, lazy ambling and they wont do much for you.
ski holidays
skimottaret, I hope it isn't a charm school you're an instructor at
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy