Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gene Simmonds ski graphics met with disapproval

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Faction Collective, a ski manufacturer based in Switzerland, displayed new graphics on its big-mountain powder skis this week at the SnowSports Industry America trade show. When the skis are placed side by side, the tips depict the painted face of the Kiss front man Gene Simmons. Unfortunately, Gene Simmons turned up at the show, which was particularly problematic because Faction Collective had not received permission to use the trademarked image on its skis.
...Last year, one of the company’s founders, Tony McWilliam, tried to get a license to use the image but got no response. Even so, the company manufactured sample skis with the image to display at the trade show.
When Simmons appeared at the show, Ross Janzen, who was manning the company’s stall, offered to give him the skis. Instead, Simmons gave Janzen his lawyer’s contact information. For now, Faction is playing it safe, and trying to license the image. If that fails, it will not sell the ski with that graphic.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/31/sports/othersports/31ski.html?_r=1&ref=sports
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did they learn nothing from Line.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Why was Gene Simmons at a trade show?
Good to read that Gene gave his lawyer's contact information and didn't have some full on celeb meltdown. (if you are reading this Christian Bale?)
Shouldn't be a problem getting a license, there are millions of products out there with the Kiss logo or using the faces of Kiss members.
Gene even has a room in his house dedicated to all the products and merchandise.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you read the linked article, apparently he's involved with and/or promoting some accessory line.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds to me like Gene probably asked about the skis and was told we've been trying to get permission to use your image but no one has replied, at which point he probably said something like here's my lawyers number call him and tell him to sort it out Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gene Simmons is into skiing and he owns a place in Whistler.

He is a major coq au vin. I saw him outside the Fairmont Lodge in Whistler. I was about to have a beer by the fires out there. He looked at me with digust and turned to his two cronies saying "All right, thats it! We're done here." Then he stormed off.

The funny thing was that I didn't have a clue who he was, I just though he was some wrinkly old man with a badly dyed hair weave.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
some background on Faction Skis

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3141245133084541960
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy