Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who's going where at half term?

Poster: A snowHead
Well the madness that is half term is getting close and this year the whole of the UK (except N Ireland I believe) is off for the same week. I thought it might be an idea to post who/where, etc and perhaps a few Snowheads mini-meets may result.

I (50, male) am going with my daughter (13) to Zermatt, just the two of us. Both reasonable intermediates although I'm struggling to keep pace with her. We'll mainly be skiing just the 2 of us although we have a couple of half days of private lessons (which are costing a packet Sad ) I've been to Zermatt before and know it fairly well. If anyone else is there I'm up for meeting up. We're staying in an apartment near to the Kleine Matterhorn lift.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll not be going anywhere near Southampton at half term for sure - Ikea opens Skullie Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
genepi, Probably a similar experience to a French piste at half term.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Am staying put and avoiding the whole of Feb in Alps...until I have to of course. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My 12 year old is off to Megeve with the school so me and the better half are off the Val Cenis, hopefully wont be too busy Puzzled

7 days for web cam watching rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
off to livigno in the motorhome as always. hubby is already there and we are flying out on valentines day for 2 weeks....snow is falling heavily there and am just hoping it settles down and gives us 2 lovely weeks of sunshine as it normally does at this time of year
hannah
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm off to Cairngorm - 2-4ft of powder at the moment and it looks as if its snowing again at the moment.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm off to work. Good luck to the breeders!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Off to Le Grand Bornand leaving Friday 13th (!) two big black Nissan Pathfinders - driving down in convoy. Or more likely sitting behind one another in hideous queues........... rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
40 of us. EMA to Venice, hotel in Pedraces, Alta Badia, Dolomites.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
First year without school-age kids, so no half-term mania this year. snowHead

Lake Tahoe in late March is the next skiing for me.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Flumserberg with the kids for us. Hoping we can meet up with eng_ch and nessy on the 14th. The snow looks mighty fine right now, looking forward to skiing down low..
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm afraid I'm going nowhere at half term. Why would you unless you had to?
CW Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'll be at work saving my pennies for when the pistes are less crowded and ski trips less expensive...

Someone has to work whilst the breeders all have fun with their offspring right...? Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tignes. Anyone else?
snow report
Grimentz Very Happy
snow conditions
I'll be back in Courmayeur with Interski.
latest report
To work. I'll be on the M5, M6 and M42 motorways as opposed to the normal M5, M6 and M42 car parks. The French motorways will be busy though. Makes me sort of glad I haven't got any kids.
ski holidays
Bev, Hippo and I will be going to Campitello in the Dolomites. Looks like I will need my Missions!

snowHead
ski holidays
I heading to Tignes
snow conditions
Kappl, mainly sking Ischgl though. Two families with four early teen children.
ski holidays
genepi wrote:
I'll not be going anywhere near Southampton at half term for sure - Ikea opens Skullie Shocked

psst, it's open for Business account holders on the 11th Very Happy
snow report
i was planning cairngorm 17th and 18th but didnt realise its half term....not so sure now coz it may b 2 busy
latest report
Looking at the weather forecasts I am getting worried none of us will be going anywhere at half term
latest report
Quote:

My 12 year old is off to Megeve with the school so me and the better half are off the Val Cenis, hopefully wont be too busy

Laughing Laughing Laughing You're going skiing at half term without a child? You must be teachers....
latest report
jtobin03 wrote:
I heading to Tignes

C U There
ski holidays
Tignes for me also. Can't wait ..... 7 more sleeps!!!
ski holidays
Resort X.
6 more sleeps. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
as i said livigno, hubby sent pictures this morning from the campsite and the snow is unbelievable. check it out...http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/spannah8/Livvy2009#

hannah
latest report
pam w,

Im not but wife is restricted to school hols, its the only opportunity to go together, normally go with bunch of mates. Did manage to get 3 days in Tignes during Nov and maybe a late one as well ? possibly EOSB Little Angel
ski holidays
Les Menuires for us - 1st time taking my 10 year old son and our 8 month old baby Shocked

Just been looking at the Merinet webcams (I know it is the next valley, but close enough) - and the amount of snow that has fallen in the last 24 hours is awesome. Just hope the roads are clear and the traffic not too horrendous ! Very Happy
ski holidays
Ackers in Birmingham, there are schools race training sessions for the kids.
snow report
Dave Horsley wrote:
I'm off to Cairngorm - 2-4ft of powder at the moment and it looks as if its snowing again at the moment.

Looks like me and the kids have the option of trips to Glenshee, Cairngorm, Nevis, The Lecht or Glencoe with the luxury of being able to sleep in our own beds Cool

Dave - see you up at the Gorm minus your vintage yellow jacket wink
latest report
We're off to Sainte Foy on Friday after loving it there last year. We've rented a chalet and are going in 2 cars with 6 adults and our son (5).. The youngest (20months) is staying at home with grandparents for the week. Unfortunately my wife and another in our party are both teachers, so we're restricted when we can all go.

That being said, we're all 30ish going on 7 Smile I think all the adults are more excited that Morgan (the 5yr old), but then hes been skiing every saturday at the local dry slope in their junior club since september Smile I've been getting my fix by doing the SnowSport England Level 1 instructors assessment and now I teach most w/e and some evenings at the same slope (Bassingbourn).

5 sleeps and counting Happy

If you're on the 3:30 channel tunnel crossing and see a black Touareg, do wave Smile

Si
latest report
Family CP is off to Fernie for 11 nights on 14th Feb - needless to say the snow in Europe looks much better currently - but I am sure we will have a great time. The only poster I am slightly envious of here so far is Frosty the Snowman. We love the Dolomites and it was a toss up between Canada and a week in Arabba this year.

Have fun all of you snowHead
latest report
Going home for a few days to avoid the madness...
snow conditions
I will be driving the clear Autoroutes to Samoens in the Grand Massif - positive thinking.... clear roads..... sunny week..... no queues.... Skullie
snow conditions
We'll be heading to Argentiere, paying approx 1 billion euros for the privilege of using the train in the white period (still cheaper than the 5 trillion euros the airlines are charging).
Our group has a teacher in it so we had to go that week!
snow report
Tignes, 4 adults, 6 children. Last year was quite quiet but then we had the "Northern "1/2 term. Roads were chocka though. Still beats working snowHead
snow conditions
I'm off to Paradiski (Les Coches). I'm hoping we will find some quiet'ish areas away from the main Plagne resorts and suspect we will spend more time in LA than LP.

At least the flights are cheap. Approx £40 return LST-GNV.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy