Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My First Avalanche in England

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just seen a roof avalanche on the office opposite my office in peterborough. One gutter left damaged no human injuries. Depth of avalanche 10cm, width at crown 150cm, length, 6m, vertical drop 15m.
Still moderate snowfall.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
waynos, I'm in Peterborough too. Just dug my car out and I think we are at Level 5 now, the snow is getting very wet. I've been waiting for my garage roof to avalanche since yesterday (East facing). Pity it's so bl**dy flat round here nowhere to take the skis to.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skied in some fine fresh powder today..in Swindon Very Happy I have classified Lawn Woods as an easy green and will be hiking out to the blues at Barbury later
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I saw one fall from the back of a Toyota Celica just after lunchtime, made an impressive cloud as it hit the A16 at the best part of 60mph.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FenlandSkier, I see you are back safe, I have posted some photos on the Austria snow report from my trip. No avalamche expert but I assume it's possible in high mountain areas such as Pennines in England or Wicklow mountains in Ireland after recent snowfall events. I'll be up the Wicklow mountains tomorrow so will examine the snow pack!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a massive cornice hanging off one of my gutters. I hope I'm around to see it fall Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Elizabeth B, stand underneath it and poke it with a long stick, guaranteed a close up then wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's too high up, otherwise I may be tempted Skullie
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
[quote="Colin B I'm in Peterborough too. Pity it's so bl**dy flat round here nowhere to take the skis to.[/quote]

That's why we left Peterborough to live in the Pyrenees. Fantastic snow here though strangely enough the slopes are probably emptier than on the few hills around Peterborough where sledging can take place. This will change at the weekend when the French holidays start.

Has the fenland mountain rescue team been called out yet? wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There have been some pretty spectacular cornice collapses in the mine workings below Cold Fell....pics still in camera
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
With all this snow I presume there is real avalanche danger on steeper slopes, same for the Wicklow mountains in Ireland I presume? Is there an English or Irish avalanche danger alert system or mountain weather report?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DaveB, Lawns definitely a blue, there were some fine blues/red at Hackpen as well wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy