Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fieberbrunn - Rosenegg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Skied today in Fieberbrunn (near St. Johann in Tirol), with great weather. However, I started in the Rosenegg area rather than on the main pistes. Rosenegg is a small area, completely separate from most of Fieberbrunn's skiing. It only has 2 T-bars. The photo below shows the lower T-bar, the Weissach lift; the upper T-bar, the Kogl lift (and piste), goes on up through the gap in the trees.

"Why bother with Rosenegg?", you may ask. Nostalgia. It's where I had early ski lessons 44 years ago. So when I saw the lifts were running today, I couldn't resist trying the slopes again. I even took to the retro look, skiing without my helmet. And without my anorak too, the weather was that good. I thought that there wouldn't be much chance of collisions - I reckon there were about 20 folk on the pistes at most (actually, snowboarders were in the majority). If I had known how hard and fast the pistes were going to be, I might have decided differently. As I had expected, my season ticket wasn't valid, so I bought a 12 point card for €9 and that gave me five runs on the upper lift and two on the lower one (the Schneewinkel lift pass -which covers Fieberbrunn, St. Johann, the Steinplatte, Kirchdorf and the Buchensteinwand- is accepted, presumably because it is more local). The next photo shows the view from the Hochkogel over towards the main Fieberbrunn ski area, showing the Streuböden and the Lärchfilzkogel (the "pimple" on top of the mountain towards the middle of the photo is the top station of the cable-car).

After using up my ticket, I had Kaiserschmarr'n (chopped pancake) for lunch at the restaurant at the top of the Hochkogel. Good it was too, in the roasting sun. And then a final run back down. The upper section is a fine intermediate piste and the lower lift serves a good run for beginners. Being there was really like being in a time warp.

I moved over to the main Fieberbrunn runs, about 5 minute's drive away, around two o'clock. It was a good deal busier there but still no queuing. After taking the gondola up to the Lärchfilzkogel, I skied over to the Hochhörndl area at the far end of the Fieberbrunn pistes and had a couple of runs on the Reckmoos Süd gondola and the Hochhörndl chair before working my way back towards the car-park. In the photo below the Hochhörndl is the mountain on the left.

It had been a very enjoyable and slightly different day. If you want to see more about the Rosenegg runs (and other activities there, sledging, langlauf, snow-rafting), there is a web site http://www.abschlepper.at/. The main Fieberbrunn area is described at http://www.bergbahnen-fieberbrunn.at/. There is a Freeride World Qualifier taking place in Fieberbrunn over the next few days but I don't think I'll take part in that Laughing However, I did watch the event in 2006 and very impressive it was too!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy