Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton - More Questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm off to St Anton for the third time, I was there last year in Feb and as a result of a whiteout my son (Anton) was born in December last year.. Anyway enough of that....

Last year I stayed in Nasserein and am staying in the Hotel Pepi Gabl which is next to the lift this year. We are staying B&B (I usually stay catered) and I need some advice of reasonable places to eat that's not going to braek the bank. I'm also wondering if the Pepi Gabl is any good, we only paid £349 for the week which is dead cheap for St Anton but the euro is very poor this year.

Also I'v seen a video showing skiers going through a snow tunnel, in the three times I've visited I have not found this, does it exist?

Also, if I want to ski Valluga do I need to join a group? I've done no off piste skiing but I can handle anything on piste and most moguls, should I be OK?

Also what's the current beer price at the Crazy Kangeroo and Mouserite? Town?

So many questions..

Smile
THANKS!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I believe that Valluga is guide only, and you need to be competent; you can only go up in the final cable car with a guide or without your skis (a bit dramatic, but it all adds to the mystique and may stop a few people from coming to harm). If you want off piste guiding/lessons, I suggest Piste to Powder.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also what's the current beer price at the Crazy Kangeroo and Mouserite? Town?

Expensive....15 euros on the hill for a pitcher in CK was the best value we found all week!!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mrlossyman, Have not stayed at Pepi Gabl before but would be extremely suprised if it was anything substandard. One of the boys that I go away with to St Anton is staying there in a couple of weeks time. Eating in town can be pretty reasonable especially at Pomodorro or Funky Chicken. This website has some fairly good recommendations http://www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk/ Avoid the Chinese - completely overpriced and food rubbish. There is a good pizzaria in Nasserein but have never been - sorry don't know name. Also think about heading over to Griabli for a meal around 7ish after you've finished your apres cheese at the Mooserwirt - my mates have done it several times (whilst some of us have gone down to cacth Gunar at the Picadilly) and say the food's excellent
The tunnel I can only presume is the one under the road from St Christoph to Stuben - blue 17 to Stuben although best taking it from the very top when it's red 14 - probably my favourite run - about 7km
To ski Valluga you must take a guide otherwise you don't get allowed in last cable car.
I think beers are costing €4.5 to €5 per 500ml at Mooserwirt - don't know about KK but presume similar
Enjoy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mrlossyman, San Antonio is the pizza place in Nasserein - and it's good and inexpensive ... second boabski's recommendations about Pomodorro and Funky Chicken - they can be a bit manic but if you can go with that, then everything else is perfect

.... and welcome to proper €uro land prices, the rest of us have been living with them for years!!! Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boabski wrote:
mrlossyman, Have not stayed at Pepi Gabl before but would be extremely suprised if it was anything substandard. One of the boys that I go away with to St Anton is staying there in a couple of weeks time. Eating in town can be pretty reasonable especially at Pomodorro or Funky Chicken. This website has some fairly good recommendations http://www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk/ Avoid the Chinese - completely overpriced and food rubbish. There is a good pizzaria in Nasserein but have never been - sorry don't know name. Also think about heading over to Griabli for a meal around 7ish after you've finished your apres cheese at the Mooserwirt - my mates have done it several times (whilst some of us have gone down to cacth Gunar at the Picadilly) and say the food's excellent
The tunnel I can only presume is the one under the road from St Christoph to Stuben - blue 17 to Stuben although best taking it from the very top when it's red 14 - probably my favourite run - about 7km
To ski Valluga you must take a guide otherwise you don't get allowed in last cable car.
I think beers are costing €4.5 to €5 per 500ml at Mooserwirt - don't know about KK but presume similar
Enjoy

Thanks for all the great info. The tunnel I saw on a YouTube video wasn't the one under the road, I've done that one. It is a tunnel made purely of snow, when I get home I'll paste the link as you seem to know the area really well. I have eaten in the Pizza place in Nasserein last year and it was very good, I'll defo check out the other places! I'm now wondering how big a pitcher is (I am hoping it is 5 pints!)

Once again, Thanks wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy