Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best time to get off the mountain at half term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We are off to Tignes on 14th Feb at Half Term. Due to the traffic congestion getting off the mountain and across to Moutiers what is the best time to leave?

Friday night?
Saturday AM early?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The week before?? Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chect2000, Last year at half term the queue for Moutier started at Aime at around 07:00. The traffic management system was working very well at that stage. But I believe hlaf an hour later and the entire valley was stationery. So you need to be past Aime by 06.30 for a clear run on the Saturday Morning. (I guess that means leaving Tignes about 05.00 Shocked ) Last year once through Moutier the journey wasn't too bad!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Friday night is much better.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We arrived into Bourg at 4pm on the Saturday when New Year was leaving as it was horrendous (on the other side). I am a bit dubious when people say ski all day and leave for home about 4-5pm? Also ,last March we left La Plagne at 3pm on a Saturday and got caught for 1 1/2 hours going towards Moutier.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=37979#892921
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like a 05.00 start. rolling eyes Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chect2000 wrote:
Looks like a 05.00 start. rolling eyes Crying or Very sad

But the smug feeling when you are on the empty roads is worth the early start Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you're going to leave late (after skiing all day on the relatively quiet changeover day) I'd follow my day's skiing with some coffee and cakes, then a l o n g leisurely dinner, and leave not earlier than 8 - 9 pm. The charge down the mountain around 5pm is madness.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Our transfer is on the sunday. Is this likely to be a bit clearer?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
njm, Depends if that is the main transfer day. In some French resorts, the Brits arrive and leave a day after the main French rush on the Saturday.
Sounds like pam w, has the right idea.
Empty, or quieter roads at the start or end of a trip is like money in the bank.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
njm, if you're going to France then yes, the Sunday should be usefully less manic, and your final day should see rather shorter lift queues. The French dedication to Saturday changeovers is unshakeable. snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w wrote:
The French dedication to Saturday changeovers is unshakeable. snowHead

It is truly extradionary isn't it?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy