Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club Forum

Poster: A snowHead
Very quiet over there considering the ski season is in full swing, used to be buzzing before they stopped non-members using it....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
94 Ski Club members signed Jayne Durham's petition for its reopening to non-members, including rep Gerry Aitken who wisely argued for its conversion to phpBB software as used on snowHeads. But the response from the Club's council was dismissive.

Not sure if you were at the AGM last Nov, sallyanne, but the minutes may be published soon. These will give the Club's official explanation and other information. Despite that, the legal grounds for the decision have still not been explained and were not the original reason for the decision.

Good well-moderated ski forums remain a libel-free zone, and long may it continue.

It remains a mystery as to how our Club's situation can continue as it is, since the forum is now - as you say - only providing a service to a little group who remain. Communities are the lifeblood of skiing, and what could be better than a lively internet community to discuss the future of the Club and its activities?

We're now nearly a year on and one hopes that good sense will prevail, as they say.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David,
As ever, a succinct summary of the arguements. It amazes me that the Club can persist in turning its head away from such an obvious forum for club development. Ski and Board also seems to be waning in its appeal, with rather out of date presentation and clubby content. What was a reasonably progressive organisation seems to be missing two vital opportunities for recruitment. Like you I'm hoping to read an explanation soon.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Martin Nicholas wrote:
Like you I'm hoping to read an explanation soon.
Aren't you the optimist! The "explanation", assuming it is the same one as given at the AGM, will leave you none the wiser.
I too am surprised at the persistent failure of SCGB TopBrass to invest anything more than peanuts in the forum. There have been frequent requests for an edit facility, smileys, profile area, PM facility, and photos. None have had any attention at all. Gerry Aitken proposed the forum become view-only for non-members. I mistook this for the start of the thaw. The site remains, as you say, rather quiet. Such a waste.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonpim, Not trying to knock the SCGB but I really hope it stays that way as we don't want to lose you guys who help make this place what it is!!!! Very Happy Cool snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dear me, Jonpim, at the price of Top Brass you can't expect investment on top.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Am I alone in hoping that the status quo prevails? Sowheads is here and it works - why would we want another forum to fragment the online ski community?

The only thing that I'd like to see is a link from the SCGB website to Snowheads to encourage the flow of new members to these pages. The trouble is that I guess Snowheads has burnt its bridges a little too effectively to become the official unoffical Ski Club chat forum.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Sowheads
???

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
....why is snowHeads spelt that way - why a small "s" and a capital "H"...........it's been bugging me for a while??? Confused
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nick Zotov, technically, a saxophone is a woodwind instrument (because it has a reed).
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dan, it's an image thing ... I think Puzzled
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
laundryman, Er, true. But I rather preferred it, top brass wise, to - what would it be - a cornet?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nick Zotov, or perhaps a serpent. "When played loudly it can produce unpleasant noises reminiscent of large animals in distress."
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
laundryman, looks like a black pudding that has gone wrong Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

I guess Snowheads has burnt its bridges a little too effectively to become the official unoffical Ski Club chat forum
Hmmm, well U know who gave us the kerosene.
I tried to form friendly relations from the start; suggested simple symbolic (and cost free) gestures which would give the message to the world that co-operation was the goal.
It didn't seem to matter who it was, the attitude was mostly the same, "love to help darling but it's not up to me". Private confidences and public statements never seemed to correlate too accurately. To be quite frank, the recurring sense of empty words and buck passing just got boring. It's not as if their not linking to us has stunted our growth Wink

In the end, they appear to regard snowHeads as either an annoyance or an insignificance.
Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they like us, respect us, maybe they were just about to phone us up to make friends and now I've gone and spoilt it by saying, erm, they didn't want to be our friends... after all, I had the impression that their forum was a deliberate attempt to make the facade of the SCGB more accessable, less esoteric: I was wrong about that, I could be wrong again.
latest report
Nick Zotov, Straight sax $4300 . I'd want extras for that money wink
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, the serpent is more kinky.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy