Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aspen's Gay Ski Week threatened by powerful competition

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

Aspen's Gay and Lesbian Ski Week - running this week - has been going for 28 years, but the commercial power of pink dollars has led to other resorts stealing a march on the original. Whistler and other resorts are staging large events, involving powerful sponsors and deals, which are drawing custom from the prestigious Colorado resort...

So what's the future for this interesting and brave innovation in ski culture? The Aspen Times reports.

Anyone taken part in a gay ski festival, or been in a resort when one's happening? Did it enhance your ski holiday? Did it cause embarrassment? Would you want to go to a gay ski week?

For those interested, there's lots more information - and festivals linked to - on this snowHeads thread.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll let you know when we get back from Whistler - theirs runs during the first week of February.
Since we're there the week before too we'll be able to compare and contrast Smile
Yipee!! not long now!! snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
'cos I said I would:
To be honest, if I hadn't known about it beforehand I wouldn't have noticed it was happening.
Granted we didn't go to any late night clubs - but there were no obvious signs in the apres joints.
There were places closed off for 'events' - but that included 'Ski Esprit' type things and a charity event. I don't even know if some were gay events.
I noticed one club still had strippers one night (Garfinkels I think).
There were some discreet 'We welcome Gay Pride' signs in the shops.
I do *think* we shared a gondola up with a gay trio - but since we were all talking about the skiing and none of them asked about my sex-life I didn't intrude on theirs Wink
Frankly, by the end of the week I wondered if it really had been Altitude week!

I did hear that the clubs are allowed to open until 4am for just 10 nights a year and most choose that week to do it because the gay community tend to start their parties at midnight!
This may affect you if you choose to stay in the town-centre - we didn't so we couldn't tell.

So, to sum up, it didn't make a blind bit of difference and wouldn't affect my decision one jot.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great post lbt. I was rather surprised by David Goldsmith suggesting such a week might cause embarrassment. No more likely I would have thought than 350 anaesthetists in one place.
How was the snow? I hear Whistler is not exactly having its best season.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonpim wrote:
350 anaesthetists in one place.

Shocked Oooo, that's a lot of gas pushers Shocked thank god no-one struck a match.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There were a number of them who joined the Eurostar for the journey home. (Not) Surprisingly, they all seemed to sleep most of the way.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skanky, were you on the train? So, who are you then, and why didn't you identify yourself?
Didn't you notice me?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonpim, on, I was on the all-day train. wink Was it you having problems with the crossword all the way back?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah no, not me. I go on SnowTrain. Big party on way back. Lots of vino. I was the one having trouble with words. I don't think I got cross. If you were on the Eurostar direct to Waterloo, you got delayed at Moutier, and one of our lot was doing Scottish Country Dancing on the station platform to keep you spirits up (so I am told).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I remember my first trip (Ski bums) to the US in Aspen in the early 80's s . We arrived having no idea it was Gay Week. The event was in its infancy then & I can tell you that it caused big problems.
Gay bashing (physical) was huge. Cowboys used to drive in from towns like Eagle, Glenwood & as far as Grand Junction to vent there anger. There were quite some serious injuries .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy