Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banff...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to banff tomorrow and to my untrained eye it looks like it might be a bit warm with little new snow.

Can anyone tell me what the chances are of there being any decent snowfall in the next week at Lake Louise or Sunshine Village?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snow-forecast.com suggests 2cm on Friday. The chances are evens.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll take those odds...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
smudger, they're pretty good, I think. Whatever happens with the snow it will be a superb trip. Don't be disheartened if there's no/little snow in Banff town.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hyweljenkins, thanks.

I am a little worried by the slightly warm temperatures and lack of snow on the horizon but I've never been skiing outside of Europe before and am really excited...I think I just worry too much!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
smudger, I went to the Big Three in April a couple of years ago. We ended up with >20cm of fresh champagne powder every night for four nights. I was there for the closing week for Norquay and thought it a bit limiting in choice of terrain, but Sunshine and Lake Louise were superb.

You won't be disappointed, but you might come back having realised that there's little point skiing in Europe any more. Service, efficiency, value and friendliness are all so much better over there.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had an email from Sunshine at the weekend to confirm that they had had 29cm in the preceding 3 days. The conditions should be fine. Enjoy the blue skies if you get them, the scenery is unbeatable. If you get fresh snow,- even better! Give banff a chance and you'll love it. We are going in 3 weeks time and can't wait.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
they've had 45cm in the last 7 days... worry not.

keep an eye out here http://www.skibanff.com/conditions/snow_report.php and also on the main Banff snow report thread on this very website. Reality in Banff seems to be good at keeping everything up to date.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
smudger wrote:
I'm off to banff tomorrow and to my untrained eye it looks like it might be a bit warm with little new snow.

Can anyone tell me what the chances are of there being any decent snowfall in the next week at Lake Louise or Sunshine Village?

I'm going to be at Sunshine on Thursday afternoon... what are your plans?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was there on Sunday, conditions were good to great. We have had some snow recently but also a lot of wind on Friday and Saturday. This caused significant problems with lifts closing on those two days, but also had a knock on effect for snow conditions. In some exposed areas the recent snow fall was all blown away and all that remained was a hard packed base Sad . In other areas the blown snow had been deposited giving deeper powder than the amount of actual snowfall snowHead

Of course those shrewd enough to book a tour with the Snowhosts were shown exactly where the secret stashes were wink

(for those of you that don't know, I am a Sonwhost at Sunshine every Sunday)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
solarfish, Please be kind enough to remind me where and when to meet the Snowhosts at Sunshine. Do you still wear the blue and yellow jackets?Thanks
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Here's a video we made last winter with the SnowHosts at Sunshine... with all the info!

http://youtube.com/v/g9ujhuMKhTQ

Enjoy snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you get poor or little snow head over to Kimberley we have a good base with 5cm forcast for tonight and another 10cm forecast for tomorrow Smile

wwwski-kimberley.com
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Reality_in_Banff, Thanks for the video link. We are getting more excited by the day! Only 17 more sleeps till Banff!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
paul.kin wrote:
Reality_in_Banff, Thanks for the video link. We are getting more excited by the day! Only 17 more sleeps till Banff!

Haha, awesome! I love enthusiasm!

Check out the Banff Lake Louise forum for my weekly video upload... we had a pretty good weekend last weekend and I was out snowboarding Friday and Saturday... those are the shots you'll see in the video! Newest video will be added Wednesday.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy