Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Seasonairs advice - Help! best resort in France?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am looking for some advice. I plan to do a season next year, ski form December until March. Which resort in France would be the best to do a season in - a traditional village feel would be good, but plenty of party is also important, as of course is plenty of skiing, both on and off piste. Not to worried about getting a job.

Or should I consider resorts Alp outside of France?

Cheers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go big for more choice in skiing and nightlife.....

Starter for 10 - Val d'Isere (but you'd better have a pretty big trust fund if you don't intend working)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How old are you? Thats important.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
debeers99, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i am 30 years old
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tignes - I'm on my fourth season out here - did my first out here aged 38.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Been covered at some length before - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=45496&highlight=

You will get lots of answers, some contradictory...remember that one mans amber nectar is anothers vinegar. Classic 'seasonaires' resorts in France include Tignes, Val Despair, Cham, Val Thorens, Les 2 Alpes, but there are loads of other places that are a good crack too. Generally the nightlife in france is perhaps a little more tame than some Austrian places e.g. Mayrhofen, St. Anton, etc.

Whatever you do go to a big place - it's a long season and so you want good mileage opportunities on piste and off-pistes. Also check out www.natives.co.uk which whilst orientated to season-workers also has a number of bums hanging out there, and it has some good advice as well as a number of rental properties.

To give you more of a taster / though then check out some of these season trip reports written by fellow snowheads (inc me!)

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=46330

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=789303&highlight=hello+val+thorens#78930

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=45488

Have fun whatever you end up doing/going..
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well my friend liked Morzine so much he's out there doing a 2nd season. Trad village, much prettier than the above choices that I've visited (VDI/Tignes, Cham, 3Vs) plenty of party (for France, Austria would be wilder), worlds largest ski area, you'll spend the whole season getting to some corners of it. Usual moan is that it is too low at 1000m, you have to accept some days it'll be raining in the village but snowing on the mountains. Up side is loads of tree runs, it's a really pretty ski area generally (with the obvious exception of Avoriaz village, eurgh!)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alpe D'Huez Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy