Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Box Hill 08/09

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well the 2009 season finally got underway on Box Hill yesterday, with all available uplift (0/0) running, and alpine conditions underfoot. Summit to A25 riding was possible, although your scribe was the only one doing this. In fact, I was the only one on skis. There were plenty of lager-drinking vermin, however, messing around on for-sale signs.
There were a couple of boarders, and a whole host of people who speak nicely enjoying their sledges.

The snow was sledge-packed powder on the main run, with baseless but nonetheless very skiable champagne to the sides.

Some chavs had - inevitably - built a particularly vicious kicker part the way down, which they were busy injuring themselves on, and a small boy got swept away by a passing fat man on a tea tray. He was fine, which allowed everyone who saw to laugh with a bit more freedom.

My dog enjoyed himself thoroughly, chasing me down the hill and running back up again ahead of me, pausing to get jiggy with a butch-looking border terrier (sex indeterminate - clearly he isn't gender-fussy). The terrier seemed to enjoy it almost as much as my dog.

A sensational experience for all concerned, conditions improved by the new snow - wax up your skis!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent, I'm sure I wasn't the only one concerned by the late start to the season at Box Hill.

Hopefully a good season will see more investment in the infrastructure there and with what sounds like a lively apres ski scene (albeit with lager drinking vermin) this is sure to challenge at least the Bulgarian resorts on 09/10.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Box Hill resort has a number of features which are a significant improvement on a number of its Alpine peers : excellent and reasonably priced carrot cake and tea at its mountain top restaurant, a fort with bats & a good greasy biker burger joint at the base. A short skin or hike at the summit takes you to the further delights of Smith & Western's cowboy themed bar for nachos & 2 pint jugs of Boddingtons.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was the well spoken person on foot wishing I had my own skis.

Noticed a few larger louts leaving their Fosters cans behind and one chap who broke his red sledge and left part of it on the piste!

Snow melting fast now...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyone been up today? Just wondering if it's worth taking the skis up this afternoon (kids are nagging, they want to move on from sledging on the Nower!)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Do you have any pictures?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowymum, it was great, wasn't it?! Didn't one of your party have blades in his bag? Didn't see them come out though. One girl was snowboarding in her walking boots - it looked like the snowsports equivalent of rattling a stick in a bin.
The ski back down to the A25 through the woods was fantastic. I have never skied through a herd of cattle before, but they didn't seem to mind. Weren't even fazed by the dog tearing along beside me.
Apres ski for me involved a cup of tea, cold roast lamb and then back out again to milk the cows.
demos, sorry, forgot to charge the batteries on the camera, and it was a snap decision to go up yesterday afternoon.
philipb, there was plenty of snow up there, and I reckon it would be good enough for a slide today. Whats the worst that can happen? You're almost next door anyway!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Did you drive to/up Box Hill ?

Or are you close enough to walk ? It looks steep from the road.

Caff at the bottom - Ryker's - usually hosts motorcycle enthusiasts on Sundays . They use that stretch of road as a race track when the police are not present. Much like the Ace Cafe and the North Circular back in the day.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Paul - no I wasn't that person. I went up for a walk mid afternoon. Saw some one sledging on a surf board amongst others..

Dale - I walked up from Pixham area. I think there are other places to walk up. The zig zag road would have been too steep for a normal car, maybe people used 4 x4s or came from the other direction (box hill village). I saw a couple of chaps who appeared to have riden up on mountain bikes with skis/snowboards on their backs!

Wish the motorcyclists would find an alternative race track...well away from normal motorists ..
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great stuff. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy