Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody skied itter in austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What is the resort like ? A bit concerned regarding the low altitude , would you recommend it for a 3 year old ? As am thinking booking a week there from 21/2

Many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Itter is a part of the Ski Welt area, in between Soll and Hopfgarten.

You should have no issues with snow cover in February for the Ski Welt, regardless of the actual resort level, as most of the skiing is a fair way above the towns. But there is currently plenty of snow at resort level anyhow, and that isn't too likely to change in the next 3 weeks.

What it is like as a place, I have no idea, so I also have no idea what it would be like for a 3 year old, I'm afraid.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Itter is a little village at the west end of the Hohe Salve range/SkiWelt, just along the road from Söll, as alex_heney says. The village itself is a little way from the lifts, though the hotels, etc., are dotted around a bit. Maybe you should ask how far your hotel is from the lifts or if the hotel provides transport to the lifts.

The main lift is the Salvistabahn gondola, which takes you up to the Söll area; from there you can reach the whole SkiWelt area. There is quite a long piste back down, which can be enjoyable with good snow but is sometimes a little ragged (though there shouldn't be any snow problem in February).

There are 3 T-bars (or maybe button lifts, I'm not sure) for beginners just a little outside the village. If they are really the best for a 3 year old, I wouldn't like to say - haven't really looked that closely at them. I can't remember whether Itter has a real kids' place on the slopes; I would ask about that too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SkiWelt - Go for it, the snow will be good
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As many SH have pointed out Itter is part of Ski Welt which is like an octupus with tentacles representing by Brixen I Thale, Hopfgarten, Itter, Soll, Scheffau, Ellmau and Going in clockwise direction. Some SH have reported the remaining area Westendorf has a link to it too.

If you ski Itter you can ski the entire Ski Welt as all the areas are fully linked. The last time I skied Itter did not have snow cover for the bottom run. Rest of Ski Welt should have plenty snow. Soll is pretty good for night life.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Was there mid Jan 2007. So perhaps its not fair to comment as this was untypically warm & snowless. The village had no snow, rain & a very windy day. The village is small with a cafe, small shop & a bank & an interesting castle. The gondola is a long way out of the village but the ski bus was reliable & easy enough. Once up the lift you had the same skiing as the rest of Ski Welt resorts. I went on a last minute £99 HB deal & had great fun with the rest of the cheap skates so was not dissapointed that there was no skiing down from the plateau at the top. Went on an organised night out to Soll where ther was a lot more happening. To be honest unless you get a real cheap deal; Soll, Ellmau, Sheffau, Going & even Brixen, Hoffgarten & Westendorf offer a better alternative.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy