Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

piste tips for Arabba and surrounding areas please.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Would like to make the best out of the week were going in March. Its also best to know where to look.

Whats the best run you enjoyed in the Dollimites and which lifts did you take to get there? Im with my g/friend and she likes long reds, me I like reds and blacks. Would be nice to have a place where I can go down a black whilst she has a coffee at the bottom.

Is there a best time of day to ski certain places?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MFC, you need to get yourself over to the "Calling Sella Ronda Fans" forum you will find lots of info on Arabba and the surrounding area.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MFC, there are some steep runs down the front face from Porta Vescovo above Arabba.

The long red from the top of the Marmolada is quite testing and usually has good snow.

The Pordoi gulley down the front face off the Sasso Pordoi cablecar is quite serious as long as there's enough snow.

The Hidden Valley of Armentarola is my favourite excursion, you can do the steep run down the front face here too.

Men's Downhill 'Saslong' run in Selva is rated black but not difficult.

As Seldom Seen Kid says have a look at the Sella Ronda thread, loads of useful info there:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=41307
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lots of Porto Vescovo runs would let you do Black and her do Red. Just beware - Red in Arabba is more like Black in some other resorts!

As for a favourite cafe - we were really impressed with the new restauraunt that is half way up the gondala to Porta vescovo. Its a strange gondoa that has a halfway point where you can break out and head over to the Marmolada runs or stay on and head right up to the top (don't mix it up with the Cable Car which goes straight to the top... ...although the restruant there is good too!) The new restraunt isn't on any of the maps yet, is quiet, clean and cheap. All hillside cafes seem cheap in Arabba compared to the reports I hear from France.!

You should be able to do Red and Black down to it from the top have lunch and then red / black down from there...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Think about getting a guide and do the Val Mesdi. Often there's not enough snow but that won't be the case this year.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dsoutar wrote:
Think about getting a guide and do the Val Mesdi. Often there's not enough snow but that won't be the case this year.

That is definately not the case this year! (or for the last few years). Ends up in Colfosco though, so beware to leave enough time to get back to Arabba before the lifts shut if you need to.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Unfortunately the last couple of times I've been there's been too MUCH snow (i.e. avy risk high). Hopefully 4th time lucky
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
polc1410,

It was 't open when we were there at new Year, it was just being fitted out, though it looked nice.
Quote:

Lots of Porto Vescovo runs would let you do Black and her do Red. Just beware - Red in Arabba is more like Black in some other resorts!

I'm not so sure, I've never found any of the blacks (or reds) particularly hard compared to some of the blacks I've done in France. I think mainly because the dolomites runs tend to be pisted daily so the piste conditions are always easy with no big bumps allowed to build. I will admit some of the blacks are steep, but they were always nicely pisted.

I really enjoyed the long red down from the marmolada, but it was very busy the day we did it. I also enjoyed the black that is used for the races, which is a short detour off the Sellaronda. The black down to la Villa is also fun, there is a red alternative, but you have to meet at the gondola back up as the two pistes don't quite end in the same place.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
MFC, lots of good info here & ,as mentioned , the sella ronda thread. If after any more specific info re arabba you could also pm Sueski who lives & works there. She can also arrange transfers, lift passes, ski hire etc if you've not already got that organised.
Was out there a couple of weeks ago & loved it - enjoy !
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy