Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which ski school do Thomson/Crystal use in Zell am See??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
..... nothing more here. Question is above.

Many thanks.

L
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skischule Zell am See, based at the Schmittenhoehe, next to Trass Xpress and Schmittenhoehe gondola station. They are very good!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nice, thanks for that - very helpful.

I am going with Thomson but want to book direct because we are difficult customers!

I am looking for place for my 4 year old daughter - can snowplough already but has never joined a group before and is a bit shy about joining in! We are thinking of booking for a single session (2 hours in morning) to see how she manages. Hopefully she can then continue going every morning for rest of week. I like the "kinderland" idea where there is some kiddy stuff to play on as well as the straight ski-ing.

My wife has agreed to go to ski school too. She is intermediate but has not skied for a long time. Ideally her lessons would tie in with my daughter, giving us the option of some time together in afternoon.

I would quite like a private lesson for a couple of hours myself. I have skied for 25 years, but these new fangled carving ski's might have different operating instructions to the ones I was given!

We are staying at the Grand Hotel, which has a shuttle to Schittenhoehe at 9.10 and 9.40am. We will also need to hire equipment on our first morning, which is bound to leave us short of time to get to ski school.

Any tips about the best way to organise this would be much appreciated. Travelling with a kid seems to turn everything into a military operation!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lorenzo, what time do you arrive in resort? Would it be possible to sort out the hire gear then rather than wait until the morning?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Elizabeth B. Could be 9pm or so on Saturday. Not much time for settling in before ski-school in morning! I think Skischule Zell am See might have the option of starting lessons etc on the Monday, which give us a chance to find our feet first. Otherwise an early morning and off we go!

Looking forward to it already though......
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lorenzo, SkiSchule ZamS grades at 9.30 for classes, you will have no chance on a Sunday morning if you wait for the shuttle and it is not that far to walk, where are you hiring your gear from?

There seems to have been quite a number of changes at the schule with a lot of experienced instuctors not there this season, I heard some expressions of dissatisfaction.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
robboj, thanks for that.

I was initially going to go with Sport Alpin ski school, which is the other one, but reckon there are more likely to be other UK skiers using SkiSchule ZamS if that is who the TO use.

I can't find anything to distinguish between them, other than location. Sport Alpin seems to have their "mini club" part up at Schmittenhoehe, whereas SkiSchule ZamS has theirs at Schuttdorf.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy