Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

recommended austrian resorts with decent transfer times

Poster: A snowHead
Can anybody recommend any hotels with pools/ decent kids enterrtainment as am looking to take my daughter away for a week's skiing also another couple going , lost out on a place to kaprun , looked into st wolfgang but skiing seems a bit limited .

Looking for half board accomodation.

Many thanks Little Angel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mayrhofen, try the Sports Hotel/Manni's. Won't she be too tired for swimming after a full day skiing, I know I was.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ghost Dog wrote:
Mayrhofen, try the Sports Hotel/Manni's. Won't she be too tired for swimming after a full day skiing, I know I was.

True, not sure if she's ready yet to be honest she's 3 and a half , had her stood on one leg yesterday to see how much strength she had and i'll think she'll be ok , though obviously won't push her .
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Try this one http://algoat.hotel-tannenhof.at/p9.html great hotel in Alpendorf, massive ski area with 350km of pretty much interlinked skiing - great area (Ski Amade) also only 40 mins by car from Salzburg airport. The hotel is 40 mtres from the main cable car and you can ski pretty much back to the door! Food is amazing, rooms are amazing, you would love it!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
forgot to say as well, in the main gondola building their is a creche operated by Toni and Gerhards ski school, they also have a kindergarten at the top with play area, plus the hotel offers a kids club as well if that helps.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks good Chris any uk tour operators use this hotel, as really want to avoid paying in euros
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
unfortunatley not!! They dont work with any UK operators, they do to well on their own. If you mention my name however (Chris Best) IBT Travel, and say we recomended you they may give you a deal. (We takes thousands of kids into the area and use this hotel sometimes for business trips or inspection visits) Ryan air have some good deals on with flights as well at the minute from Stanstead to Salzburg or Thomson Fly do Bournemouth to Salzburg. Other decen option as well is BA from Gatwick to Salzburg. You will find that all tour operators pretty much will have increased prices at this stage to take into account what has been happening with the Euro, so maybe better option is to go direct. Car hire from Salzburg is also real easy and it is motorway all the way to resort! bar about 5 kms.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
also guys at the ski school may be able to help with the creche if you wanted a bit of a deal there to!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Think will dent our budget to be honest , dont really want to pay any more than £550/£600 pp
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
when are you looking to travel?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Either last week of feb or first week of march
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
andolini wrote:
Think will dent our budget to be honest , dont really want to pay any more than £550/£600 pp

When are you planning on going?

There are plenty of TO deals around at that price or less for mid March, but not a lot for mid Feb Smile

PS. I would agree that St Wolfgand not only looks limited, but all the slopes are a bus ride away, which you don't want with a small child.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
have a couple of hotels you could contact, still really nice but not as plush which would be about 50 euors per person half board if they were a help? and still close to the areas?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.schuetzen-hof.com/ is in Bischofshofen right at the bootom of the ski Jump where they do the last of the four hill tournament, Peter Ebner is the guy that runs it, great host and would really look after you. This is dead central for the whole of Ski Amade, with Alpendorf, being 10 mins away by car, Muhlbach, pretty much the same, Flachau 15min, Zauchensee 25 mins
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
One good looking deal that comes up for 28th Feb, showing £419 per adult is the hotel Land Alpin in Scheffau with Crystal.

http://www.crystalski.co.uk/destinations/austria/scheffau/023735/023735.html
snow report
Have just returned from Scheffau, 1hr transfer from Geneva and would thoroughly recommend it. Part of the Ski Welt area so pretty good skiing area covered. Stayed at the hotel Alpin which was really geared up for kids (swimming pool, early kids meals etc). The Kinderkaiserland ski school was also really good for the little ones (my 4 year old loved it). We went with Esprit, but Crystal also go there.
snow conditions
Chris JB wrote:
http://www.schuetzen-hof.com/ is in Bischofshofen right at the bootom of the ski Jump where they do the last of the four hill tournament, Peter Ebner is the guy that runs it, great host and would really look after you. This is dead central for the whole of Ski Amade, with Alpendorf, being 10 mins away by car, Muhlbach, pretty much the same, Flachau 15min, Zauchensee 25 mins

Thanks very much for yor time Chris , really want to get a uk package as dont want to look for flights at this stage also hire a car or get a taxi .
ski holidays
alex_heney wrote:
One good looking deal that comes up for 28th Feb, showing £419 per adult is the hotel Land Alpin in Scheffau with Crystal.

http://www.crystalski.co.uk/destinations/austria/scheffau/023735/023735.html

Comes in at £545.00 with the supplements thanks Alex.

Katy would you say is worth the price or better deals available ?

Thanks
ski holidays
Hi

I personally really rated Scheffau - it ticked all the right boxes for us i.e. short transfer, easy access to skiing (there is a bus that stops outside the Alpin or you can ski down a blue track to the gondola station) and a really good kids ski-school. There were enough runs to keep us entertained for a week as you can easily ski to Ellmau, Westendorf, Brixen etc in fact we probably didn't cover even half of the area! There is not really any nightlife to speak of but as were were with kids (2 and 4) that didn't really bother us! We paid slightly more than the Crystal price as we went with Esprit which has additional childcare included, but overall I would say that £550 is a pretty good deal for the location and hotel - only thing I would mention is that Esprit use the "superior rooms" in the hotel (which were good - v spacious and well maintained) but not sure if Crystal use these or the "standard ones" which I didn't get to see. The food in the Alpin was good and the free beer and wine with dinner was an added bonus!

Hope this helps

Katy
snow report
It does Katy , thanks very much , the free beer at meals may have swung it !
latest report
Kuhtai, just 30 mins by taxi from Innsbruck airport, some hotels here and most will arrange the transfer for you.

http://www.schneegarantie.at/en/winter/accommodations.html
snow report
andolini, look at Serfaus http://en.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/news/wetter/ as there's a great kids area on the snow. Kappl just along from Ischgl gets a great reputation as being the best family resort in Austria. None of them are really on the UK op radar though, but are within an hour from Innsbruck. My mate is just back from a week in Ischgl and said that Kappl was a great place to take the kids. We took them to Oberlech last year and was our best family ski holiday to date, but £550 will barely scratch the surface for a week in Oberlech.
Personally I think your daughter will not last long on skis from personal experience so you will need to look at other snow related activities or creche, hence the reason I think Serfaus could do the trick. Or if she's into Dysney, Nassfeld is another one within easy reach of Innsbruck that gets a great rep and has a Disney themed ski kindergarten.
Seriously doubt that Katy managed to get to Scheffau from Geneva in one hour Puzzled - think she's got mixed up, either that got a heli transfer. I'm sure wherever you'll choose in Austria though it will be family orientated
snow report
boabski wrote:

Seriously doubt that Katy managed to get to Scheffau from Geneva in one hour Puzzled - think she's got mixed up, either that got a heli transfer.

That does seem unlikely Smile. It is roughly an hour and a half from either Salzburg or Innsbruck (And I'd guess about the same from Munich).

But Geneva is the other side of Switzerland - about 9-10 hours on a good day.
latest report
Another vore for the Alpin

or indeed any place run by Esprit - check them out on the web they have lots of offers less than 400 perperson

the alpin transfer takes ( or took) 1hr 30 last time we went
snow report
Embarassed I stand corrected - it was indeed Innsbruck - 1hr 10 - sorry!

Katy
snow report
Skiworld are discounting their holidays, although best deals are for the second half of March. St Anton for £399 a head catered chalet. I can recommend the Ski Scchool for young ladies of the under 4 variety.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy