Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Praz de Lys?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all
Have any of skied here and if so, what can you tell me about it Puzzled

I've been offered a couple of piste-side chalets for next season (they are still being built), but although I can research the resort and area, it would be very useful to hear any first hand accounts. Things like suitability of the skiing for beginners, families, experts etc., any village or nightlife, availability of shops, restaurants etc., access by road (difficulty thereof wink )

Thanks all Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 1-02-09 17:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was there last weekend. It is a good mid sized French ski area. Nothing particular to note. Ideal for beginners and non skiers.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks davidof, if good for non-skiers, are there any other activities, or is it more cafes and shops , that kind of thing around please?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anniepen, it's really a very small village - not much there at all - most skiers are cross country which comes with the usual alpine advantages. It felt to me like skiing in the 70s (except I had modern kit on).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anniepen wrote:
Thanks davidof, if good for non-skiers, are there any other activities, or is it more cafes and shops , that kind of thing around please?

There is a small commercial center, a couple of ski shops, that kind of thing but not much. I think there is a nightclub. There are a few cafes including the well named "Farto" where you can eat a "Fart" burger.

I didn't risk it myself. Jean la Pipe used to be the place to eat but Jean has passed on (not from cancer so maybe he had too many pipes off the local lassies) and the restaurant, while retaining the charm of the original owner lacks the quality of food and service that used to attract people from all over France.

Lots of cross country and snowshoeing possibilities. I think they have dog sledding too. I've skied more on the Sommand side and would reccommend the cafe's over there for a lunch stop. It is the usual mixed bag of drags and chairs but there are some challenging runs. Stunning views of Mont Blanc. Some off piste and a lot of good ski touring.

You get the feeling that some of the business people are too focussed on money and not enough on service but that could be applied to the Savoyards in general.

Access road is easy but you can get long delays at weekends as you have all the Gets traffic joining the same road at the Pont des XXX. There are some back routes but I'm not going to post them to a public forum wink, feel free to pm me.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof, thanks again! PM en route Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy