Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel Private Instruction

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We will be in Meribel Mon 9th - Sat 14th Feb and I am considring private instruction this year. This will be the wife and kids 3rd holiday and they are all reasonably similar abilities. Last year they were in ESF classes and didn't feel they got much instruction. I have skied for many years and need some tips to loose that 'old school' style. Anybody got any views and/or experience of ski schools or instructors in Meribel and how much a private lesson is likely to cost? Depending on cost, I'm probably looking a 2 sessions, ideally on the Tue and Thur.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
New Generation or Parallel Lines are two good schools, staffed mostly by British instructors. A bit more expensive than private lessons with ESF, but you should have top quality instruction which will not be 'old school'
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
reidb, I second rob@rar, in recommending Parallel Lines www.parallel-lines.com

I have been taught by Angus and Phil, both are superb British instructors and don't hesitate to recommend them. Just recently Angus has taught me on an Inspired to Ski course and also my husband on an off-piste course.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
reidb, I third rob@rar in recommending Parallel Lines. I have only been taught by Angus (within Parallel Lines I mean-have been taught by plenty of others besides) and would definitely recommend him for your private lesson to help you get rid of your "old school" style as you have said. They have got a Euro buster deal on at the mo I think if you have a look at their website. Cost wise you're looking at £164 Euros for a private lesson for 2.5 hours that is. Or you might be able to join their Performance Clinic (6 skiers max) which is 2 sessions of 3 hours each for 137.50 Euros, so that might fit in with your Tues and Thurs thing as well as being a cheaper option.

I think your kids would find the group ski school lessons with them to be just the job.

Let us know how you get on if you go for that.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
try Derek Chandler of Magic Academy. Newly elected BASI trainer and very cool guy. if you want to ski bumps he is the MAN.

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skimottaret, is that Derek there? Now that's a fartbag and a half well worthy of packing for the EoSB! wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
VolklAttivaS5, yup that is he... he does the cat and mouse for magic from time to time. its pretty cool seeing a 8 foot mouse pull a rodeo off the big kicker.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

8 foot mouse

He's not that tall is he-even with the mouse costume I mean!?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
okay maybe a 6 foot mouse, but it does look pretty cool.......
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret, I'm very glad to hear that he is only 6ft tall. Yeah he looks like a hoot.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
reidb, Angus Meldrum - fourthed. (Dunno about Phil.)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago and Dave from New Generation @ Meribel was recommended (amongst others). I wend with Dave for a private lasson and I am very VERY happy that I did. I got from the lesson exactly what I wanted. An accomplished skier Dave is also a great teacher (a talent which not every expert skier has).
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Or Claude (www.snowarea.net) has been working with New Generation two seasons and is working as an independent ski instructor now (canadian & french ski instructor).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowarea wrote:
Or Claude (www.snowarea.net) has been working with New Generation two seasons and is working as an independent ski instructor now (canadian & french ski instructor).

Claude also taught a number of snowHeads at last year's End of Season Bash with great reviews.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy