Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Voss, Norway

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going to Voss in the first week of March, previously been to Levi(twice), Yllas, and Banff, and now hopefully getting to intermediate level.
It would be very much appreciated if any snowheads who have previously been to Voss can offer any comments, hints, and experiences(good or bad)

Thanks

Mark
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was in Voss about 25 years ago Shocked with school ski trip.

Only two things I remember was it was so foggy that we were able to slide down seat, hang from chairlifts with hands on the footrests, and then drop off, without anyone at top station seeing us...as you do...

Also in the fog, we skied down and missed base area, which if I remember was halfway down mountain. Ended up lost, and slightly less cocky, trying to climb back up through trees and deep snow in the fog (again), not knowing where we were going.

Not sure how much that helps, probably wouldn't recommend doing either...no doubt the place itself has come on a lot since then, would be good to hear how you get on. Cheers
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for sharing your experience of Voss, just hope it's not so foggy when I'm there!! I'll let you know how I get on.

Regards

Mark
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
markb, been to Voss a few times.....would definitely go back.

The cable car (2 of them!) from near the station is an experience Shocked

Where are you staying?

A few pictures......

Bavellen (sp?) chairlift (lots of people!!)

One of the busy pistes!
Frozen river that passes Voss
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
R32, thanks for the pictures, it looks amazing and so quiet which is what I like about skiing in Scandinavia. I am staying at the Hotel Jarl in the centre of Voss which looks like a typical three star hotel, although it has an indoor pool and sauna which is always useful after a long cold day on the slopes.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just back from Norway today, headline on today's papers was "Snow chaos on west coast"... this from a country which takes 12" daily dumps in its stride! Wink

Outstanding snow... eyebrow raising prices. Everyone knows the beer's expensive - no biggie... but I was shocked by the food prices, astronomical. Everything else "on par".
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
as lon as you eat fish and dont mind not eating to much red meat or veg then its not so bad, though we had a meal for 8 when i was out there and it came to over £1k with drinks
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good news about the latest snowfall, it's making me look forward to my trip in three weeks time.
I've heard how expensive the food & drink is and therefore done the sensible thing and decided to go half board. Apparently, the hotel will even let you prepare your own pack lunch(gratis!!). As food costs will be negligible, each night I will be able to afford a pint or two of the local Norwegian brew.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy