Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vehicle Classification - French Tolls

Poster: A snowHead
When driving in France, we've always been charged Class 1 tariff - i.e. car - even though we are over 2 metres high with MPV and Roofbox

Friends just texted - they're getting charged Class 2 for being over 2m

Looking at this page http://www.autoroutes.fr/preparez-votre-voyage/classification-des-vehicules.html does imply over 2m is Class 2 - but no mention of roofload?

Any views - experiences -
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boris, The paperwork I was sent with the Telepeage box, although a few years ago now Toofy Grin, stated that under 2m was Classe 1 and that was all the box was allowed to be used for.
I wonder if you use the truck lane if you get charged truck prices?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boris, Maybe the dangly bits won't dangle next year Shocked Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing, Don't think the scanners pick upo the vehicle itself. I have a severn tag, same thing as telepeage, and it is linked to the calss of vehicle not vehicle itself, you can go through any lane.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boris, I always thought that 2m+ was class 2 and charged differently. Maybe they've started cracking down.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 1-02-09 7:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boris, I think you've been lucky.
I've spoke to some friends and they are charged if over 2m (in a vehicle without any roof attachments).
Postings in another forum seem to confirm this.

http://www.totalfrance.com/france/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59020
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Interesting point.I drive a 4x4,which is 1.8mtr to the roof line.However,I have roof bars on which brings it to 'just' under 2mtr.Now,when I have ski's loaded it is just over.I know that I have been charged the higher rate at some attended tolls(as I have compared prices with a friend behind me in a car)But...not every time Confused This has to be down to the 'view' the attendant takes....and my french is not good enough to argue!
But,does anyone know what happens in the card lanes?Is there a height sensor that triggers the rate?Does my roof luggage trigger it...when it should be the vehicle height(which is under 2mtr)So many questions rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowskisnow, as far as I can tell, looking back at our telepeage statements, we have only been charged Class 1 tolls, for our similarly sized 4x4 plus roofbox.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As Helen Beaumont, says if you go through the <2m lanes always Class 1 charge.

Helen Beaumont, will also confirm that all the <2m lanes are slightly over 2m .... but that doesnt stop her ducking Twisted Evil Mine is 1.93m plus roof bars (when fitted_ ... not hit one nor rattled the chains .... yet
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Agenterre, I reckon the >2m sign is actually at about 2.7m?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thefatcontroller, Not sure but I suspect so .. I also drive under 2.20m metre stuff ( car parks etc) and they always seem much more intimidating ie lower..
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agenterre, I know but I still duck Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller, It's a good game at the Tunnel to see if you can drive under the 1.80 without ducking Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing, Wouldn't dream of going for the 1.8m, the car with suspension lowered is 1.87m Shocked
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It would appear they were using the truck lane Laughing and getting charged a truck price by the CC machine

When going to a manned booth, got charged Class 1

We always go to manned booth and I guess just been lucky that they take the view we are in a car
ski holidays
Boris, That must be the reason you don't see many cars in the truck lane! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, it's there first time driving - they weren't to know

I do kind of feel sorry for them seeing one of them fell and broke collar bone yesterday - no more skiing for them
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy