Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil 3d piste map in Google Earth

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I posted this in the PdS snow report thread but thought it might be more at home here.

For any snowHead who wants it, you can now download a (partial) 3D PdS lift/piste map from https://cid-cc870dc63154a0f5.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/PDS%20map/PdS%203D%20piste%20maps.kmz - thanks to LLew for hosting the file. Very Happy

Just click on the link above then click on the file icon. It should download and automatically open in Google Earth. You might need the latest version but if you haven't just download it from earth.google.com. You then just save it in My Places and you've got it! Note that you have to turn on the Terrain layer, and I like to exaggerate the vertical scale a little to show the slopes more clearly.

I started this to make navigating between neighbouring areas easier. It's also useful for planning a day trip around the PdS which can otherwise be confusing, especially if you're only there for 1-2 weeks a year.

I haven't finished the further-flung parts of Chatel and Abondance, nor the pistes at St Jean D'Aulps, but it's good for most of the area. I'd also appreciate feedback if I've put the marked piste in the wrong place, as I haven't skied all the PdS and had to guess in a few places. Or if anyone wants to finish the missing pistes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy