Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kaprun Accomodation Info Request

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got some decently priced flights a few days back to Salzburg and plan on hitting Kaprun at the end of Feb. Just need to sort accomodation, ski pass, board hire etc now. Looking as cheap as possible, b&b pension would suit. Does anyone have any links or recommendations on here?

Would stay in zell if cheaper

cheers all
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ciaran123, I've stayed 3 times at Pension Häuslhof ( http://www.haeuslhof.at/en/index.php?plink=pension&alink=index&fs=&l=0 ), which is cheap, clean, comfortable and welcoming. The rooms are basic, with an en-suite shower room, but only a shared loo on the same floor, but then you aren't paying very much. Current rates are €23-30 per person per night in a shared room, including breakfast, or €27-30 for a single room.

Location is OK, within 5 minutes walk of the centre of Kaprun. Ski bus stops at the door.

For good hearty food at reasonable prices, try Zucchini further down Schloßstraße for an interesting mix of Italian and Mexican food. http://www.zucchini.at/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
[quote="ousekjarr"] looks good, will drop them a line to chk availability.

is the nightlife in Kaprun decent? dont plan anything too heavy but a decent bar/club would be good.

also, from google maps it says transfer from salzburg airport is 1.20mins. is this correct?

cheers
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ciaran123, we're less night clubbers these days, so we tended to settle down in front of a nice fire with a beer or four, but Kaprun has enough to keep most people happy. The Baum Bar at the bottom of the Maiskogel piste is the place for those wanting loud and late, especially if they want skantily clad ladies as well. Zell am See has more, just a bus or taxi ride away.

Transfers from Salzburg are easy - 70 minutes by car, 2 hours or so by trolley bus to central Salzburg, train to Zell and postbus from there, or you can get a postbus direct from the airport to Zell am See and then change for Kaprun:

Quote:

Code:

Salzburg Airport (Terminal)     31.01.09  dep 12:49       Bus 260 
Zell am See Bahnhof (Vorplatz)       arr 14:38     

Zell am See Bahnhof (Vorplatz)       dep 14:53       Bus 660 
Kaprun Ortsmitte        arr 15:10

See http://www.oebb.at/ for train and bus schedules.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ousekjarr wrote:
Ciaran123, we're less night clubbers these days, so we tended to settle down in front of a nice fire with a beer or four, but Kaprun has enough to keep most people happy. The Baum Bar at the bottom of the Maiskogel piste is the place for those wanting loud and late, especially if they want skantily clad ladies as well. Zell am See has more, just a bus or taxi ride away.

Transfers from Salzburg are easy - 70 minutes by car, 2 hours or so by trolley bus to central Salzburg, train to Zell and postbus from there, or you can get a postbus direct from the airport to Zell am See and then change for Kaprun:

Quote:

Code:

Salzburg Airport (Terminal)     31.01.09  dep 12:49       Bus 260 
Zell am See Bahnhof (Vorplatz)       arr 14:38     

Zell am See Bahnhof (Vorplatz)       dep 14:53       Bus 660 
Kaprun Ortsmitte        arr 15:10

See http://www.oebb.at/ for train and bus schedules.

great, cheers for the info. ive emailed a few transfer companies for quotes on transfers. going to get that b&b booked up 2nite as they just got back to me to confirm availability

thanks again
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ousekjarr, im also looking to arrange ski passes and board hire. have you any tips? i emaield the b&b to ask them for advice too but as youve been there have you any tips?

cheerz
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ciaran123, I did a transfer myself from Salzburg to Kaprun. I tried to haggle with the taxi drivers at the airport but it was going to be too pricey.

The tram to the station leaves from the opposite side of the road from the airport exit. The main station is about 20 minutes (??) away, but ask the driver to tell you when to get off, as it is not obvious. Then there is a direct train to Zell am See.

From Zell am See, I got a taxi as it was late at night. The taxi rank is opposite the train station. All the cabs were empty, so I had to hunt a driver down in one of the nearby cafes. (I first looked in the nearby bar, but the men in there were way to drunk, and singing, for me to ask them for a lift! The cafe was a few doors further along.) It was a fixed price, about 15 euros from memory.

Hope this helps.

L
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ciaran123, we always hired from Sport Moreau opposite the Hotel Orgler on Schloßstraße, at first because they were the only place open when we arrived at 1300 on a Friday (they shut for lunch as soon as we left), but then on because the service was excellent, and the kit was in great condition. However, it seems they only do ski hire, so I can't help other than to say that Sport 2000 Glaser ( http://www.sportglaser.at ) on the main street into town seemed to be fairly switched on as well, and via http://snowrental.net/ the price is €97 for the week for a premium board, compared to €119 going direct.

You can buy your lift pass online at http://en.kitzsteinhorn.at/ or at their office in central Kaprun (between Sport Moreau and Sport 2000), or at any of the base stations. Current price for a 6 day pass is €172-€192 depending on the time of the season, and all of the offices take credit cards, unlike many places in Austria.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ousekjarr , brilliant cheers.

just got a quote of 120 euros each way from the airport??? tad expensive but will suss other avenues but i really want to get a direct taxi so i can get on the slopes the first day i get the austria
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ousekjarr, i contacted that pension and they said they had availability. been emailing them since to get booked but they came back to me today to say they are now full. I have transfers etc already sorted and just need accomodation now for as cheap as possible.

Had a hunt round the net and found another few pensions but they are also full.

Can anyone recommend anywhere else to stay that wont break the bank?

all help appreciated
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ciaran123, the usual next step is either the tourist office, or http://www.feratel.com/en/accommodations/austria/salzburg/kaprun.html

Searching for a room from 21-28 Feb on Feratel, the cheapest is Haus Dora, at €19 per night B&B for a single room with shower, but they are a little further out of town on Schloßstraße, or Pension Salzburgerhof at €38 per night is the next option.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy