Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chill Chalet in Montchavin, France is AMAZING!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just thought i'd let you in on this one........

This chalet was AMAZING. It was situated about 2 hours transfer from Geneva Airport. We got amazing cheap flights with Easyjet then go the "Chill Bus" (see their website) to do our transfers at a very reasonable price from door to door. Think the chalet was super reasonable but as id didn't pay i can't remember - but my hubby wouldn't have paid too much!!!!
The chalet itself is about 2 minutes walk to the bottom gondola and 2 mins to the next gondola, we had an amazing view of the les arcs/ la plagne valley and across to mont blanc on one side and a great view of the woods and the bottom of a ski run on the other.
The town was small and friendly with a little supermarket and an office to get advice, taxi's and all your lift passes from. They were most helpful.
Our chalet host was Helen, who was reasonably new to the chalet but you know what, i can't fault her. She was amazing. We had breakfast laid out when we awoke to hot chocolate croissants, and all sorts of lovely delights. A lovely frothy coffee machine and more tea and orange juice than you could drink. We all visited the supermarket and got baguettes fresh every morning, filled them with ham and cheese then into the backpack they went before setting off to the first lift.
The chalet rooms were super sweet, very comfortable and most imporantly clean!
We had an amazing time, we didn't have a dump of snow when we were there as it was blue skies every day but there are so many snow cannons on the piste's that it didn't matter, we had good snow cover from the cannons every day! You could hear them happily fuzzing away whilst you relaxed over tea at night.
For tea we had lovely hot filling meals from Chicken wrapped in bacon to an amazing potato and bacon creation, along with the most amazing hand man (by Helen) chocolate mousse and cheesecakes. Just lovely. Helen was an amazing host, she wouldn't let us lift a finger which is brilliant but we insisted on making our own cups of tea otherwise she'd have been rushed off her feet with 12 of us but we liked that, it made us feel more at home and relaxed than standing "on ceremony"!
There is plenty to do in the area, there is a snow sports shop right above the chalet along with a pharmacy (you never know when you will need it) and like i said, the supermarket and a few lovely bars. There is a nightclub also and we really wanted to give it a go but we were so tired out after the days on the snow we never made it there!!!
Chris, one of the hosts from the other chalet in Bourge St. Maurice even took orders for our booze and delivered 50 bottles of beer that very same night - now THAT is service!
Finally, i can only reiterate that we had an AMAZING time so i'll be back next year - NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!!! Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That reminds me, need some more SPAM
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boris, not sure. Went to find the website and the style is totally, totally different. Maybe I'm being naive, but I think this is a genuinely appreciative client. Er, just in case, welcome to snowHeads, clairemillard. In case you didn't know, people who only post to advertise are much frowned upon here.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well if a genuine post - sorryclairemillard,

But 1st posts raving about a product,service, company etc are very often blatant plugs by the company concerned
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boris, indeed, I shared your initial concern. There's a Claire Millard, also from Cheshire, and with the same breathless style, also reviewing a couple of books on Amazon.

I think I should get out more... Embarassed
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I think I should get out more...

you and me both - I found that as well Embarassed Embarassed
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boris, Blimey. We're both doomed. Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
She is right in one thing. Montchavin is a beautiful village. Considered buying there but at 1250m it is just to low for us.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A chalet is only amazing when the hosts father forces you to drink a second very large glass of expensive malt after conducting you all playing jingle bells on kazoos ...eh stevo Happy

See whiteroomchalet for more details Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It reads like spam, but spammers don't usually use their full or real name Puzzled
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers Dave, I read that through thinking "hmm, that sounds a bit familiar..." before getting to the end.

Yes, kazoos and malt guaranteed with every trip here!*

*May not be true Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy