Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do people wear their ski jacket to travel in?

Poster: A snowHead
Yet another newbie question from moi....is it the norm to wear your ski jacket to travel in? Just have a funny vision of me being at gatwick with my ski jacket on and everyone thinking "why is she wearing that?"

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you 13 and going on a school trip?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
get it on...

you'd be surprised how many folk actually turn up wearing their boots to save on luggage fees!

Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
double post

Very Happy

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 29-01-09 17:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes - I do and so do lots of people.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Only untill the inflight meal is served, at which point I change for dinner.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cunners wrote:
Only untill the inflight meal is served, at which point I change for dinner.

Do you change into a nice person at that point?

I don't! NehNeh
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Never! Mardy and berligerent, that's the only way to be.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Seriously, they will think "How sensible, and I bet she has hat, gloves, trousers and goggles in her hand baggage too, just in case the aeroplane loses all of her luggageage."
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kookie30, yes, of course - saves room in your luggage, if your bag goes missing you will have your jacket in the mountains, and it can be b***dy cold at gatwick at 5.30a.m. in winter!

No-one will wonder why you are wearing your jacket, you will be wondering why loads of other folk have straw hats Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yep usually
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I always do
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Always!! me and my ski group all arrive at the airport in our ski jackets. Heavy and bulky so its easier to wear it, especially if your dodgey on baggage weight. I usually end up carrying it under my arm most of the time though.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No I don't - I wear my warm puffa. Ski jacket takes up less space/is lighter in my bag.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
scrubyjoe, cathy, ha, ha, you obviously wear different sorts of ski jacket. Laughing I wear a ski jacket to travel in, it just doesn't happen to be the garment which I usually wear for skiing. wink
snow report
Always travel in my ski jacket. If you're travelling through Gatwick in the winter, you won't look out of place wearing a ski jacket if that worries you.
snow report
Quote:

you'd be surprised how many folk actually turn up wearing their boots to save on luggage fees!

Absolutely, the Skibbettes and I turn up like the Michelin men, Jackets and boots etc. Ryanair only allow 15kgs and that includes bootbags.
latest report
People (ie more than one person) wear jackets to travel in. The company would have to be exceptional for me to consent to wear a jacket (a single garment) with another. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Kookie30, Mine is usually within easy reach in the boot of my car while travelling to my ski destination!! wink
snow report
I wear my ski jacket on cold days around Dublin (the new fashion capital of the world) so i wouldnt even be remotely worried about wearing it in the airport or in travel. Mines fairly trendy and i often comment to my friends that girls look well in their ski jackets (in many a colloquial comment)
ski holidays
What's wrong with Shorts, T-Shirt and Flip-Flops?
snow conditions
Back to the psych ward Mr Spyderman!
ski holidays
Kookie30,
Yes they do
latest report
I don't have any other jackets.

Do people actually own more than one coat? Shocked
snow conditions
I though it would be considered a 'punter-ish' thing to do...

Mine's is a a hard shell which I usually stick in my hand luggage bag.
ski holidays
Not much choice but to wear it now that most airlines are insisting your boots and helmet go in your hold luggage (and 1 bag only) !!!!
ski holidays
Lizzard wrote:
I don't have any other jackets.

Do people actually own more than one coat? Shocked

Several. but then I am a fashion victim so I'm told.
latest report
I was sent on first school trip wearing salopettes and purple moon boots by overprotective parents. They were quickly changed once I got on the coach to the airport.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spyderman, you surely are. My mate at work was laughing about the Spyder jacket she sold to some bloke the other day for 750€ (she works in a shop as well as for the lift company). He turned up at the ticket window in it and I can confirm that it was hideous. He also bought the cheapo day ticket which gives you access to about five lifts - presumably couldn't afford anything else after buying the jacket. Laughing
snow conditions
Yes, I do.
snow report
I love the way threads like this just grow and grow.
ski holidays
Never. Do you really want to smell like a brewery / ashtray the day after a night out, or have the jacket swiped in a bar? Plus i think you look a bit, well...

madmole, i've yet to see anyone have trouble with helmet in hand luggage? That's where most of my friends carry theirs, various airlines.
snow conditions
madmole wrote:
Not much choice but to wear it now that most airlines are insisting your boots and helmet go in your hold luggage (and 1 bag only) !!!!

It's not another boots in hand luggage question honest Very Happy .........but a question about ski helmets (in addition to hand luggage)

I was just planning on strapping my ski helment to the outside of my hand luggage. If questioned I was going to tell the Ryanair check-in that I didn't want some baggage chucker damaging my ski helmet, as my head's gonna depend upon that all week whilst on the slopes. It weighs next to nothing and if they really play up, I was going to wear the thing!

Am I chancing my arm???? wink
ski holidays
Sleipnir,
Quote:

I was just planning on strapping my ski helment to the outside of my hand luggage

I often do this, never had a problem. Not done it Ryan Air, but it's at security they'd have an issue with it, so i don't think airline is that relevant.
ski holidays
beanie1 wrote:
Never. Do you really want to smell like a brewery / ashtray the day after a night out, or have the jacket swiped in a bar? .

why would you smell like a brewery/ashtray if you wear your ski jacket to travel Puzzled
latest report
Because if it's the only jacket you take, you will also need to wear it on nights out!!
snow report
beanie1, Aah! gotcha, have to say though I don't frequent places that allow smoking, but I guess I've had spillage before now.....
snow report
Ha ha, the smoking's not a problem now in Italy and France of course, but still is in Switzerland.
snow report
beanie1 wrote:
Because if it's the only jacket you take, you will also need to wear it on nights out!!

Yes - and if it gets wet in the day, hmmm lovely.

I think of my ski jacket like any other sports wear and prefer to change out of it when I've finished for the day.

From the mixed responses here, there is clearly no single right answer and people do as they want to.
ski holidays
On BA flights a lot of people don't wear their ski jackets because of the more generous luggage allowance (and maybe also something to do with the "posh" T5). On charter flights you would look more out of place if you were not wearing your ski jacket, and as for Rynair ski flights, well I will find out for myself in 2 weeks time if everybody looks like the Michelin man as they arrive wearing several sets of clothing simultaneously...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy