Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cold Feet -> Sock Liners?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey folks,

I seem to get cold feet quite easily on the mountain, despite wearing quality socks.

Has anyone got any experience of wearing thin sock-liner type socks under your normal skiing socks - I've seen thin pairs on sale at Snow and Rock, and think I will buy some but I just wondered if there were any pitfalls (e.g changeing the fit of boot etc)

Also wondered about the cheaper option of cutting the feet from some ladies tights (in large!!) and wearing them like socks under my ski-socks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's always electric feet heaters. Haven't tried them (I don't suffer from cold feet), but they ought to work.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fleetelise, I wore a very thin (silk) pair of socks under my posh Falke ski socks the other week, because I thought I'd be cold. They definitely changed the fit of the boot/caused a pressure point on one foot and I had to take them off. Fortunately, as it turned out I was warm enough.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
it can cause a change in fit of the boot, it can also cause blisters where the two rub together, a good merino wool sock should be enough, but some people are naturally cold in the feet, the best solution is boot heaters, not cheap but warm feet all day long.

you could try foil on the base board of the boot to reflect the cold out
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM,
Quote:

the best solution is boot heaters
Is there any particular brand you recommend? I'd be worried about damaging any of the 'inner workings' of the boot eg if they got too hot, or something.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle, I'd be more worried about the inner workings of my feet if they get that hot.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the thermic or hotronic ones are designed to be fixed to an insole to offer all day heat, neither will do damage, you may be confusing these with boot warmers/dryers again personal type products rather than large multi pair commercial stuff is just fine
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CEM, ah, you're right, I was confusing them. Thanks.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My wife has the Therm-ic ones fitted for about £105 from Lockwoods early last season, and loved them. Don’t think they affected the fit of the boot they are a thin membrane that sticks onto the custom insole. Only problem she had was knocking the switch off on chair lifts.

I have the opposite problem - my feet get uncomfortably warm and I have to take my boots off at coffee and lunch stops to cool my feet in the snow Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy