Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

best settings for Garmin Forerunner 405 when skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
off to la Grave tomorrow-

taking wife's Garmin forerunner 405

but what are the best settings when skiing??

thanks

ed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I use the standard bike settings (i.e. km/h and speed rather than pace recorded). Oherwise, you can set the display to show elevation, distance covered, current and max speeds. It should last all day, as long as you don't press buttons too often.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
edsilva, I've an Edge 205 (bike version of Forerunner 205). Not sure of the differences but guess mine is less "powerfiul". Not used it for skiing but planning to take it for a bit of fun in a couple of weeks and have done a bit of research. I think the key setting is data recording. With mine at 1 point per second it only records for 3.5 hours then starts overwriting, not great for a days skiing. I think that on the Smart setting it will give about a day. Without a PC though that is all I plan to do, 1 day. Yours may have more memory although the settings menu tells you. For biking I also set mine to stop recording when stopped, probably also sensible for skiing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ok changed settings to 'pause on' seems like agood idea to save battery.

have got elevation, grade (slope steepness) average spped, time and distance on the displays

now can I wear it under a glove??
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pause won't save your battery (as the gps is still receiving, waiting for movement to recommence), but the smart recording will. It seemed to work fine under a glove for me.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think what pause/smart will save is memory which is important for mine, perhaps not so much for the 405. I use them too if I go off on the bike for most of the day.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
edsilva, Another thought quite a good idea to upload it to www.motionbased.com or it might be http://connect.garmin.com/ for the 405 (it's free). You can then get further data on the trips and also get it onto Google earth.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanksColin B,
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do you remember to stop it every time you go up a lift?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy