Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

vholdr helmet camera

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

following my aborted attempted at buying, using and then returning the O'neills H4 campack (due to sound failure and some dogey codecs to play the video back), I purchased a vholdr helemet camera for snowbaording in Meribel last week.

having used it for a week, I trhought some might to hear some comments...

Its a well built device, but is still very light. With its metal casing it feels like it would take a battering quite well. Powering it on and off is easy enough, even when on your head (although with iced up gloves it sometimes took a couple of attempts to press the button correctly), and the audiable beebs you can hear are loud enough to be heard even when moving on your board. Likewise the single and double beeps to indicate the start and stopping of recording are clear enough. The duel lasers are handy for aligning the camera head, although they obviously don't appear to well on snow in sunshine - pointing at your hand or a wall, or your feet shows them up well enough to ensure the camera is aligned correctly. Ove the space of the week I took about 80 videos I think, and battery and memory were fine. I took something like 20 videos on one day (about 750Mb i think), ranging from 30 seconds up to 7 or 8 minutes and still had space and battery left over.
Video quality is very good in my opinion, although I have little else to base it on apart from the usual assortment of holding a camera phone or a digital camera whilst boarding. No spluttering of the video or pixelisation. Wind noise is an issue, but I guess youca just turn the sound down when playing them back, or remove the noice whilst editing. Whilst stationalry and recording sounds, my voice was clear enough, and if someone was say within 6ft then you coudl hear them ok as well.
Transferring video from the camera directly to the PC seemed to take a while - 15 minutes for about 500MB of video seemed normal. Not sure if it was quicker taking the card out of the camera and using an adapter int the PC directly as i did not try this.
Charging did seem to take a long time on USB - 4 hrs when it was not even totally empty to begin with. A wall charger will probably be more useful next year.
The helmet mount that came with the camera was sturdy enough, although I suspect a typical assumption with all helmet mounts is how well the mount would hold up if you actually fell on it in a crash (I did'nt). Likewise the goggle strap mount did the trick, was easy to attach and remove, and seemed to have no move visible camera shake than the helmet mount (although the person using it was using a helmet with the goggle strap on the outside, so this might be the ame if you were wearing no helmet!

All in all a good camera in my opinion! Happy Videos of appropriate snowheaders to follow shortly on fb, youtube or vholdr.com as appropriate...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
meadwak, how much did you pay for it?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just received advertising today for a Somikon Action-Cam "Eagle 100" with SD-Slot, price €49,90 http://www.pearl.de/a-PX8040-1122.shtml. I've no idea, if it's any good (though there is a video clip taken with the camera on the site), or whether Pearl would mail it to the UK.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I brought it off actioncameras.co.uk for £270 i think - more than I paid for the Oneill campack but was running out of choices for helemet cameras that were similar priced and had reasonable reviews!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy