Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Go to the ski shop T/O sends you to, or not?

Poster: A snowHead
The T/O offers pick up and take you to the ski shop service.

Yea, or nay. If you go elsewhere will you put noses out of joint; if you don't, will you be ripped off?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would add that there are no prices on their website, which alarms me more than a little...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NAH SHOP AROUND A BIT
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
James the Last, Personally, when I do hire I shop where the service seems professional - and the skis in good shape. Even in these days of a ropey £, price is a secondary consideration - I want the skis and bindings to be working properly for me when the going gets tough. So no I do not let myself get influenced by the TO on the rare occasion I travel with one.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
James the Last, I wouldn't let the recomendation affect your choice one way or the other, although you will of course take into account any discount offered. The lack of prices on the website is odd.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
James the Last, no and no. TO partner shops are usually picked for beng close to accommodation/offering a transport service for either guests or skis, on the grounds that people moan like mad if required to walk anywhere.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
James the Last, we recommend shops based on quality and value - the shops typically give our clients preferential rates too. You may find that your TO gets their cut and if going elsewhere doesn't gain you anything...

But as achilles, suggests, I'd look at the quality and range of the kit before committing.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name, Who do you work for?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As an owner/operator it doesn't upset or annoy me if a client chooses to go elsewhere........... that said there are benefits to everyone going to who I suggest...

So far this year one client has gone back with a pole squashed and exchanged no problem and another has had to take back a ski broken again no problem.. we prebook, he saves us the best for our clients and gives them a good price..... if a client chooses another I will take them but we have had an issue where a client took back a badly scored pair of skis and were tried to charge extra!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As an owner/operator it doesn't upset or annoy me if a client chooses to go elsewhere........... that said there are benefits to everyone going to who I suggest...

So far this year one client has gone back with a pole squashed and exchanged no problem and another has had to take back a ski broken again no problem.. we prebook, he saves us the best for our clients and gives them a good price..... if a client chooses another I will take them but we have had an issue where a client took back a badly scored pair of skis and were tried to charge extra!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marcellus, So if I trash your hire skis there is not a problem?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Always used to pre book with the T/O. However after a couple of bad experiences we now do a bit of research and shop around. T/O hire places quite often not the nearest, but usually cheapest (gets what you pay for...) Doing it yourself also means you can pick your own time and miss the scrum in the shop when a bus load of punters arrives all at once. Intersport in Austria are good. Current kit, can change stuff easily, insurance included and professional service and setup. Pricey though.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Although I wonder if the gib TO are making extra out of it (one year we did not use the Esprit hire shop and went elsewhere and saved a load) they have some local knowledge and having the kids skis in the right place does help.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well, we chose the shop to work with that we think offers the best service and best equipment to our guests, at very good prices. Yes, we get some commission from the shop, but we've been offered more to send our guests elsewhere and we're staying where we are.

ZigZags in Sainte Foy by the way, brilliant service, very good kit.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'd think the main reason not to is not to be caught in the TO scrum of everyone trying to get kit at the same time.
ski holidays
Depends on the TO. I've happily taken the advice of ski amis and yse, others, not so much Wink
ski holidays
clive5 wrote:
marcellus, So if I trash your hire skis there is not a problem?

As they're not my skis no problem to me at all.

Of the clients I've taken back to the shop I recommend and use for the majority of clients who have trashed skis or a pole they've not had an issue at all and the shop owner has taken the trashed stuff back and re-issued new replacement stuff at no cost or grumble or even a twitch..
snow report
clive5, myself. Or maybe my wife.
snow report
under a new name wrote:
clive5, myself. Or maybe my wife.

Don't we all? Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy