Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just returned from Cervinia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
And had a fab time - the most snow in 22 years apparently! 180 cm at village level, about 3 m at the top. Loads of blue and red runs, vast area. We had several days of snow, two of bright sunshine. Met some great people and hotel etc were reasonable. Would love to go back!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry, new to this forum, and I see probably have not given much helpful info - so here's a bit more! It was very quiet - did not queue for a lift all week. It was bitterly cold and top lifts closed some days due to fog/winds and poor visibility. The pistes did not seem to be prepared daily - notably on occasion the higher pistes were bashed yet we could not sk on them due to lift closures! Everything was horrendously expensive - did not eat out at all - returned to local pizza takeaway at lunchtime which was the most cost effective.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
firebird, Welcome to the forum... tis a good place. Cheers for the info snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
out there on the 8th of feb Very Happy cant wait, love the place

what sort of prices was it then for food that put you off, any idea on the price of drinks in the bars?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
5 euro for the cheapest pint of lager or 2 for 1 at happy hour between 4 and 5 pm. 7 euro for a guiness, 8 euro burger and chips, 10 for a basic pizza and 12 for a carbonarra.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nice one Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for that. we are there week of 22nd feb, never been there before. staying at the astoria. not too happy about the price of stuff, but then again is suppose it is only to be expected these days - no matter where you go. did you get over to zermatt at all?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hmmmmm......
prices shmices.....I'm afraid resorts are just expensive places expecially with the pound tanking. I have never found cervinia particularly expensive.....expecially for grub. Considerably cheaper in fact than most resorts.

As for cervinia....I have been 3 times. learnt to ski there and it is absolutely superb. Huge long pistes, groomed to perfection daily. Snow alays good. The ventina is one of the alp's must-skis. apparently tomba can do it in 4 minutes or something ridiculous. Its a bit of a schlep to Zermatt....but worth it and its now possible to ski right over to the far side of Zermatt in a day due to improved lifts on the swiss side.

If you've never been, there is indeed a treat in store. enjoy.

PS: Don't miss chalet etoile for lunch.....great grub piled high.....you'll find it between pistes just above plan maison. It is a cervina institution.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gollancz, you're right, the Etoile is lovely - we had an excellent lunch there at Christmas, although we came over from the Zermatt side. Not too expensive either.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
gollancz wrote:
I have been 3 times. learnt to ski there and it is absolutely superb

PS: Don't miss chalet etoile for lunch.....

sort of snap, learnt to ski there 5 years ago, and next sunday will be my 3rd time there!

Im sure ive been to etoile before, but will make a note to check it out next week Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bipolar Bear we stayed at the Astoria. Staff are very friendly and scrupulously clean - we stayed in and played cards with fellow guests a lot in the evening. Breakfasts were good but we were not keen on evening meal. My advice would be that the starter is the best bit - so if you are enjoying your lasagne or whatever then eat the lot, don't hold back on the promise of a nice main course, you may be disappointed! It's ideally placed for the gondola. We skiied back to hotel at lunchtime and walked down steps to village - got pizza and a drink for 3.50 at little place at foot of steps. All the restaurants seemed pretty much deserted - skiied past the Etoile but did not venture in. Hope you have a fab time.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bipolar Bear we stayed at the Astoria. Staff are very friendly and scrupulously clean - we stayed in and played cards with fellow guests a lot in the evening. Breakfasts were good but we were not keen on evening meal. My advice would be that the starter is the best bit - so if you are enjoying your lasagne or whatever then eat the lot, don't hold back on the promise of a nice main course, you may be disappointed! It's ideally placed for the gondola. We skiied back to hotel at lunchtime and walked down steps to village - got pizza and a drink for 3.50 at little place at foot of steps. All the restaurants seemed pretty much deserted - skiied past the Etoile but did not venture in. Hope you have a fab time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy