Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting to Gatwick - from London Bridge

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
...from central London.

A quick look at Thetrainline suggests services from London Bridge are virtually as rapid as (and much cheaper than) the Gatwick Express.

London Bridge suits me much better than does Victoria, so, is there any downside at the other end?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
no - takes you to exactly the same place as Gatwick Express
only downside is that it is a commuter service so gets busy at rushhour and that you have to engage brain to make sure you get a direct express service (rather than a stopper or one where you change at east croydon)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
look into the first capital connect...it runs from a few stations inc london bridge im pretty sure

quite regular and much cheaper than the gatwick express (£8 instead of nearly £20?)

not sure how much longer the journey is tho
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, First Capital Connect is the old Thameslink. Just beware, if it makes a difference, that trains on this service are terminating at London Bridge at the weekends, so don't go on to St Pancras etc. There are also normal trains from Victoria that aren't the Gatwick Express. Of course some are faster than others.....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I recall from when I lived in London that Victoria Station's indicator boards only showed Gatwick as a stop for the GE, giving the impression that no other trains went there, so for those going from Victoria it is worth looking at timetables - there was also the problem of persuading the ticket office to sell a non-GE ticket to Gatwick, but they generally cave in eventually!

That said, the London Bridge service is much more convenient if that is where you are starting from!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes the trains are fine timewise but not if you have lots of luggage and particularly if you are travelling at commuter times - there is often barely standing room on the trains and they have no space for luggage stowage. There is a fundamental problem with Gatwick Express in that the premium charged is excessive which encourages punters onto regular trains which can't deal with luggage. If you do take luggage on be prepared to move it every stop.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks. Never been on a charter flight before...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Helicopter?? Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
James the Last, I've used the via London Bridge route to LGW loads of times, and it's fine, subject to what the others have said and the usual problems of unreliability of all UK train services. One slight benefit is that as it's not a dedicated LGW train, there is a bit less of scrum at LGW station than with the Gatwick Express.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy