Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Book online or Hire on arrival!?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Can't for the life of me remember how much I've been paying for ski hire on recent visits so, Just wandering would it be cheaper to hire online before hand or just go to local ski shop on arrival...
Been looking online and there's always the promise of upto "40% off!!!!" but is this realistic? as the prices don;t seem such a bargain as i recall.

any info would be great!

cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Online booking Promised 25% off on skihire in Oz, but when I spoke to the chaletpeople where we will be staying they said you get 20% off anyway, even for walk-ins. We will rather go see what is available there than go through the hassle (group of 10)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Disaster, real case example, some friends booked online for a recent trip to Meribel, paid approx £60. One who couldn't be arsed to book online rented in the same shop on arrival and paid over £100 for the same gear.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have never booked online before until this yr. In my own sad little way i made a note how much the ski shop charged us and checked when home how much it was online...................It was £20 each cheaper online! If you know where you want to hire from go for it! Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
excellent stuff.
I shall investigate further. At the moment 60euros or less looks likely for skis and poles. which seems quite reasonable.
Would the same thing apply to ski passes? I'd imagine these are pretty much a set rate.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Disaster, I see you are not a believer in the old superstition that naming calls?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anyone ever order a specific ski with snowrental.com before?

have used them in the past and been more than happy, but decided this year to pick my ski at the outset (K2 public enemy's). just wondering if you actually get the specific type of ski you order or if the hire shop workers pretend not to speak english and give you whatever they feel like? trying to work out whether to learn some French swearing phrases Evil or Very Mad !
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
read some info where people have ordered a specific ski online and been given any onld ski on arrival. But I'm guessing if you know your skis then you probably wont be fooled.
Comprex... i dont understand?!!? come?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Think he refers to calling yourself Disaster
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ahh that's what I thought. I'm definately not a Disaster when it come's to saving the spondoolicks!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

read some info where people have ordered a specific ski online and been given any onld ski on arrival. But I'm guessing if you know your skis then you probably wont be fooled.

Yes to the first sentence, but the sites tend to cover themselves by saying 'something similar'. A big No to the second sentence. I genuinely have not got a clue, but I know I don't want the kicked in beginner skis.

IMO you get a discount somewhere along the line, either from booking online and getting 10 - 20% off, or by getting the hotel or apt or chalet people you book with giving you, hey, 20% off! So you only get it once.

Booking ahead, again IMO stops that important timewasting procrastination from going on in resort - might as well do that at home, then go and get said skis and get out there snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy