Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schladming Night Slalom

Poster: A snowHead
As usual a great spectacle made even better by a tricky course and because it was banging it down with snow.

Result here: http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/610.html?sector=AL&raceid=56066
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hilarious. It was like Wacky Races! Good entertainment.

snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just got back, great fun, especially climbing the hill whilst carrying open beer. Snowing loads Smile pow day tomorrow.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bummer. Forgot that they were showing that on telly Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
waynos, I hope you are going to ski those steps (not sure why I am writing this as you are out in the pow now!)....

I got home and my wife told me that the English commentators on Eurosport were claiming that the falls and piste conditions were very difficult because of all the artificial snow.... WTF?? Shocked

I can't remember the last time the cannons have been blowing out here.... and what was all that funny stuff falling from the sky for over 24 hours?...

I had a great time though and am thinking of offering an unoffical snowHead nightrace bash for next year.... it is well worth it!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
flangesax, So... slight thread drift.... how is it out there at the mo?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
flangesax, As far as I know the only race in the season that is NOT carried out on artificial snow is the first race in Sölden. Every other race is done on artificial snow, AKA solid ice!

So I would be surprised to hear the racers had difficulties with it rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And yet again no British boys racing. Whats going on??????
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
flangesax, unoffical snowHead nightrace bash for next year. - suggest it to Admin for MSB .... I reckon a number of peeps would enjoy it, but there wouldn't be much in the way of discounts. Sad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skijunkie1 wrote:
And yet again no British boys racing. Whats going on??????
Well, Alain Baxter has managed to finish only 3 races out of 13 this winter and they are all FIS / Europa Cup / NorAm races. I don't think he would get a World Cup start number right now. Noel is doing better and would be the most likely to take a World Cup place. The new guys coming through could be good.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skijunkie1, Bode Swiller, I do think they should at least be putting someone in the races to give them a shot! We have one guaranteed start slot, I think we should use it!! None of the Brits have been consistent in Europa Cup which I guess is the reason for not putting them in, but with 4 or 5 guys all fighting it out to be top Brit in slalom seems a waste not to at least give them the experience. A certain D Ryding is actually currently top ranked Brit for slalom on FIS points Very Happy surprised he hasn't had a start yet this year after they were going to let him start Wengen last year but turned out he wasn't ranked high enough to replace Noel in our second start spot (which we don't have anymore Sad ). I liked Andy Freshwater's hardly concealed dig at the system when commentating on Tuesday night and saying how great it was that the swedes were giving so many young guys a start in the WC to gain experience - obviously easier when you have loads of slots but we aren't even using our one!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes i agree with Vivski. We should be giving the likes of David a chance. It would be great for him and may really give him that push he needs to get to that next level.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
vivski, Yes - Andy was as close to obvious as he could get away with on telly - good for him. Of course we should be using the slot if at all possible, but it may be finances that cause the problem as one person would be away from the team and would presumably need some help too.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, yes, obviously finance is an issue as well, but they have given people starts in GS, DH and combined already, and Alain has been entered for at least one WC SL but didn't start Confused I'm not saying they should have someone in every race but we have had a huge number of slaloms recently so you'd think starting someone in one or two would be possible.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Steilhang, true, true.... special icyness.... but you know what I meant! NehNeh

Frosty the Snowman, Lots of new snow over the last week or so... met up with some snowHead over in Saalbach today... awsome time....
Still haven't managed to get to some local places... Had some great fun in Flachau Winkl recently though!
snow report
Hi Flangesax, only read the posts today but would love to join up for next years unofficial bash if you are up for it!!My son is at the skihauptschule Schladming, and they were allowed to go and watch, being a ´cool´13 year old not too much impresses him, but he said it was AWESOME!!! The noise alone was something he couldnt get over! I think Alain didnt start as he has a back problem, Get well soon mate, we need you!!!
latest report
DAB,

PM me your number or drop us an email.... would love to meet such a local SH and go for a couple of jars!
snow report
Hi Flangesax,
After resisting temptation last year myself and geordie mate (Newcastle supporter) are off to Schladming for Night Race week 2010. Would be cool to join in any form of bash on the night or during the week or both!! She who is to be feared is under no illusions as to my annual boys week so long as I come back in one piece and dont try any cliff jumping etc.
Let me know how your thinking.Also I booked tickets for the "blue zone" for the race, is this the best spot ?
Twisted Evil
snow conditions
briand6868, yes - the blue zone is best (unless you had your name down for the gold tickets about 20 years ago!). Will be there next year - for third year in a row. In 2008 blue zone - awesome. In 2009 red zone - a bit of a pain fighting your way up the snow banks and then standing on an icy 30 degree slope for three hours. Livened up by Austrians winning both years.

The bib ceremony (and the street party afterwards) on the Monday night was very good too.
ski holidays
briand6868 wrote:
is this the best spot ?

No. For this race, I have best spot Razz It's on last steep part inside the fence, but only less then 40 such spots are available Laughing
But if I will be in Schladming more then just that afternoon and evening (as I normally am for Night race), we could maybe get together for a beer. It would be cool to see some of you guys in person Smile
snow report
Hi Primoz & A/Andy,
It would be great to meet up.This is our first time to Schladming so really looking forward to the Race and the weeks action,hoping to search out some off-piste while we're there,have seen a site for Ramsau Ski School that are offering backcountry tours 4hrs long for 40e per head.
snow report
Hi Guys,
Just a quick query to anyone who has been at The Night Race in recent years. I booked and paid for 2 tickets on the official website back in September and have only recieved an email back saying they'll be in touch when the tickets are ready.No contact since then, should I be concerned or are the tickets not usually available until close to the date.
ski holidays
briand6868, you should always be aware of the Austrian online systems... BUT it says that tickets won't be posted until december - so if you still have a ll your receipts and stuff then hold on to them!...

I can't believe I have missed the blue ticket boat already!! Arrgghh!!
ski holidays
Can anyone tell me the date of next year's race ?
snow report
Timberwolf, See here.
snow conditions
Thanks rjs,
ski holidays
Hi All,
Got my Blue-Zone tickets today and the countdown has begun in earnest.Anyone know if there is time to get food and drink between the 2 runs or would you be chancing losing your spot if you move from it,also how long before the 1st run should we be there if we want to be near the front.Primoz- hope all is well on the Circuit- let me know when and where you'll be if you want to meet up for a few sherbets.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy