Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kimberley Alpine Resort Snow report and resort info

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys i'm a newbie to Snowheads but thought I may be able to pass on some useful info on anything relating to Kimberley including snow reports and here is the first of what I hope will be many:

So far this year Kimberley has almost 7 foot of snow. Very Happy Base is around 34 inches of hard packed, all runs are open and ITS SNOWING Very Happy If you want to check out my independant Kimberley website with photos etc its www.ski-kimberley.com.

Off skiing now to try out my new Dynamic VR17s see ya later Toofy Grin [/u]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We skied Kimberley at New Year and I have to say I was slightly disappointed. Closing the second chair up the main face meant the bottom bridge was always dangerously over crowded (very much so) and the main lift up extremely busy. We were also disappointed with what we thought was not nearly enough money and time brush cutting.

My son had two lessons, one was very good, the other was appauling.

I wrote to RCR about all this on their website comment link and haven't heard a thing back..........
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hi gryphea sorry to hear you had a bad time but to be truthful (and I don't work for or am associated with RCR) the only time they get a problem with the bridge is New Year and Alberta Family day which is why most locals don't ski then. Most of the problem is actually caused by skiers actually stopping on the bridge to wait for friends or chat. Anyhow this section is for snow reports was the snow good over New Year yep it was. Blush
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yesterday was cold with snow pretty much all day and today we woke to 4-5 inches of quality champagne powder blue skies and NO lift lines (except for the first lift which everyone wanted to be on!) NO Avalanche danger and NO high winds. Superb conditions all over the mountain

Having read grypheas post we decided to ski front side this afternoon (something we don't usually do as thats where all the vacationers tend to pose) Although the resort was busy by Kimberley standards (it was a pow day so lots of locals out) there was no problem with the bridge. Even this evening as everyone was coming down it was not a problem. I would agree that RCR could have cut some more brush but as we have had early masive dumps the last 3 years I guess they thought they could save some money. Like flying planet I am not employed by or associated with RCR in anyway. My reports are just independant snow reports. Toofy Grin
www.ski-kimberley.com
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We did have good snow.......and we did like the convenience of where we stayed. New years day itself was quiet! The night skiing was good too. WE also like that its warmer over in BC. We had temps -3 to -9 and as we crossed back into the banff valley the car therometer dived to -22 almost instantaneously!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thursday was another good day with packed powder conditions and partly sunny skies. It was a little busier than usual as it was the last dayto use the free passes issued to season pass holders but still no lift lines or busy runs.
Quote:

We skied Kimberley at New Year and I have to say I was slightly disappointed. Closing the second chair up the main face meant the bottom bridge was always dangerously over crowded (very much so) and the main lift up extremely busy. We were also disappointed with what we thought was not nearly enough money and time brush cutting.

Hi gryphea i know quite a few locals who are not happy with RCR regarding the brush cutting etc and I have requested a friend to pass on your concerns to the local hill manager (which I know he has already done)keep me updated on whether or not they have got back to you via their website feedback.
If nothing I will gladly pass on your concerns via the independant websites that cover Kimberley.
www.ski-kimberley.com
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Friday brought a cold day with partly cloudy skies. Most runs are in good condition with packed powder and still some untracked powder amongst the trees. A small lift line at main as the first Albertans arrive for the weekend. No busy runs and another great day at Kimberley Madeye-Smiley
www.ski-kimberley.com
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Saturday and we have had an inch or so of snow overnight and it is snowing lightly now. Busier today with quite a number of Albertans and Sescatchewans in town. 5 minute lift lines at base and main is quite busy though the rest of the hill is as usual quiet. All in all another great ski day in Kimberley. Smile
There are some amazing ski deals available including self catering and catered chalets. If I didn't live here I would be VERY TEMPTED to book one!!! Toofy Grin

www.ski-kimberley.com
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
3rd Feb 09

Blue skies and warmer temps almost spring like! Even with the influx of disabled athletes for the races the resort is still virtually deserted. No lift lines and empty runs away from main. Kimberley The Place To Ski!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
4th Feb 09

Another blue sky day with warm temps. Groomed runs are in excellent condition. Hardly a skier to be seen once you get away from Main. Another great Kimberley day
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
5th Feb
Woke to blue skies again and warm temps for this time of year. The resort is a little busier than usual with racers in town for the disabled ski races plus a couple of bus loads of prospective ski instructors. We decided to take boards out today in seach of some elusive untrackedpowder.................and we found some. Angus and Angus glades had been little used so we played there for a couple af hours. No lift lines on Easter or Tamarack though the lift ticket police were out checking tickets on Tamarack.
5cm + of snow forecast for tonight with another 10cm forecast for tomorrow. Hope they are right. I'll let you know tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy

www.ski-kimberley.com No lift lines.......Great snow.......Great Location!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For someone who isn't associated with Kimberly you do seem pretty amped up on how awesome it is... reports are great but advertising is a bit boring.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DaveC,
Quote:

For someone who isn't associated with Kimberly you do seem pretty amped up on how awesome it is... reports are great but advertising is a bit boring.

Sorry what advertising are you talking about? Kimberley Puzzled

www.ski-kimberley.com
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No significant new snow on Friday just cloudy with a few flurries and poor visibility on the lower hill. Saurday saw a return to blue skies and some great cruising Madeye-Smiley

www.ski-kimberley.com
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sunday brought more blue skies and no new snow Sad . Still some gtreat cruising around but we are starting to see a few rocks and roots in places. Next week is Alberta Family weekend so we could do wit a big dump before the immigrants arrive Twisted Evil

www.ski-kimberley.com
snow report
Nothing has changed in the resort over the last 2 days. Blue skies Sunday, Blue skies Monday and more blue skies today. We could certainly do with some of the fesh stuff as nothing that was forecast over the last 2 weeks has actually arrived. Off for a quick blast now.
ski holidays
Should have added I'm told the resort is completely sold out accommodation wise this weekend its going to be the busiest weekend of the year. We are going to scoot down to Big Mountain Montana from Thursday to tuesday to see how south of the border is doing for snow.
snow report
Well we got back from Big Mountain on Sunday evening after agreat 10 days of skiing. So an update on Kimberley!

Woke up Monday to Snow Smile . Empty runs here as all the Albertans and Sescats have headed home. A Great Day Very Happy

Tuesday More snow and more great skiing! Very Happy

Wednesday. It snowed again Madeye-Smiley . We didnt get the high winds that hit Fernie and the Banff resorts. Another great day here
Very Happy
Thursday: More Fresh snow woke up to another 4 inches of the fresh syuff at base. Around 6 -8 inch stashes higher up Very Happy
ski holidays
Friday 27th Feb.
Partly cloudy but great visibility. No snow last night but conditions are powder and packed powder. Still lots of untracked powder to be found and the resort is very quiet. If I can figure out how to do it I will post some pics I took today later on. Very Happy
snow conditions
More cloud today and slightly colder. Keeps the snow in great condition cold and dry Smile Still some caches of powder to be found. No lift lines and empty runs everywhere except Main. Don;t know what the tourist facination is with just skiing up and down the frontside of the mountain but each to their own au au au Toofy Grin
snow report
I see Fernie is reporting 1cm each day for the last 2 days. about the same as Kimberley only Kimberley doesn't bother to report it if its under an inch Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Light snow greats us again this morning this morning same as yesterday(sunday). However warmer today and the snow turned to rain in the city. We skied and hit Fuzie,Geneva, Pyre and Easter Face. Snow is in great condition on all and Easter Face has some mega moguls covered in super soft snow.
Another great day in Kimberley
ski holidays
Hi Guys had so much fun yesterday(Tuesday) I forgot to post the report. The resort was reporting a couple of inchs of the fresh stuff but there was much more accessable from Easter Chair. Visibility was good them white out then good again as the low cloud rolled in and out. Tried again to upload some pics but failed so if you want to see the current conditions then check out http://www.ski-kimberley.com/gallery.html.
Looks like another good day today so I am off to enjoy Blush
ski holidays
Colder last night and no fresh. We still have a great base but everything is harder today (except for the few untracked stashes we found). Resort is very very quiet must be something to do with this recession everyone is talking about. At no time did we see any skiers on any run on the back of the mountain today. In fact the only place we saw any was on main. long live the recession Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Very Happy Woke up to fresh snow falling and its been snowing all day Very Happy . We have a great base here and when Fernie was getting the rain at the beginning of the week we were getting snow Very Happy . I know Fernie can get bigger dumps than us (but there again it also gets more rain)so hopefully all the Albertans will head there this weekend and leave us all alone Toofy Grin Gotta go now cos its gomnna be an early start tomorrow and a long long day Smile
ski holidays
Blue skies and 6 inches of fresh dry champagne powder on the front side with more on the glades off Easter Chair. A busy day today with lots of locals suffering from powder flue Smile Quite a few Albertans in town too as a result of the weekend forecast Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy