Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Im in Serfaus at the moment Hotel Cervosa with Crystal very good 5* :)

Poster: A snowHead
Im amazed this place isnt more prominent on the British ski radar. Its hardly mentioned ín the good ski guide but is a serious ski resort on the door step of Innsbruck. We have come with Crystal to the hotel Cervosa and its excellent. The place is more family orientated than its neighbour Ischgl but the ski area and lift system are just as good. We dont have the joy of skiing into Switzerland here with duty free shopping bút thats the only minor negative. With 185Km of intermedeate paradise piste above 3 villages its a Boutique 3 valleys. It would help to speak some german, which I dont, but everywhere we have gone people seem eager to please and practice their english!

RT
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SHHH Don't tell everyone! We have been to Serfaus several times now. (We tend to drive) It's great and even at 'peak' times like New Year and school holidays you can still find pistes with noone on and there is a huge area to explore. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RussellT, I stayed there a few years ago. If I remember rightly, the afternoon cake trolley was to die for. Serfaus deserves to be right up there with some of the "best" resorts but don't worry about letting the secret out of the bag... most Brits have only ever heard of France and enjoy being ripped off.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
RussellT, Are you there with kids?, it has been on my radar for a while and I thought it would be a good place to start my boy off skiing, is there much to do off the slopes?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oooh - we're there at the beginning of March for the first time snowHead snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skiersmum, well, that's just what I wanted to hear. I was just researching the area for next season and it sounded ideal - now you have confirmed it for me! Where do you drive from? Do you have a suggested route rom Calais?

Also, do you have any recommendations or pointers for accommodation for about three family groups?

RussellT, wouldn't mind hearing a few more opinions about the place after your stay!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller, so true Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RussellT, Don't miss the night skiing and fireworks show I think it's on mid week. Go early for the skiing have dinner at the top and watch the Show.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
clive5, thanks for that tip. Any other tips/things you recommend?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tatty, If you drive or hire a car you can have a great day out in Ischgl by driving to samnauns about twenty mins away But take your passport as it's in Switzerland.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
clive5, yes, we nearly always drive so that 's useful to know Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cathy, make sure you leave your skis and boots at the shop by the main lift.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RussellT, We stayed at the Poste during half term last year and (once we had negotiated the dreadful transfer from Munich) thought that this was the best place we have ever been to for a mixed ability family.
Don't miss the mid week show (tonight?), if you have kids then use the trails down to Serfaus that include animal "experiences".
Watch out for the sledge run though Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
clive5 wrote:
cathy, make sure you leave your skis and boots at the shop by the main lift.

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cathy, in good weather head over to the drag lift "Minderslift"...

Stunning, high alpine scenery, and due to the fact that its a drag lift and right at the extreme edge of the resort the piste remains delightfully empty... Due to be upgraded to a chair soon, so enjoy it in its current state while you can.

Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis probably has the best lift infrastructure in the world in my opinion, nearly every lift is a 6 or 8 seater with bubbles, and there's loads of modern gondolas too...

There's a few good pictures here from early December when the snow was much worse than now - and it still looks acceptable NehNeh
http://alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=29303
snow report
Markus, what great photos! I wanna be there now Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley I saw the picture of the Minderslift Shocked that's one long drag lift....... but I'm sure well worth it for the skiing snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Cost wise Ischgl is cheaper which is a clue to why its not well know to most Brits
Just about affording our trip to Ischgl but going there is another notch up the cost ladder
Might get there sometime though
snow report
Garfield, staying in Fiss or especially Ladis should be cheaper than Serfaus.

Thing about Ischgl is, any money saved can be squandered rather easily during apres Laughing
latest report
Markus wrote:
Garfield,

Thing about Ischgl is, any money saved can be squandered rather easily during apres Laughing

I think thats my plan off there in March
latest report
We have stayed in Prutz and in Reid at the bottom of the valley. It seems to be cheaper. We are usually at the campsites in a campervan although motorhomes are sometimes at the Waldbahn carpark, but not many. The ski bus (or rather coach)from Prutz and Reid is very good, (both stop at the campsites) although if you get a bus to Fiss it is much much busier. We usually get the ski bus to the Waldbahn..no queues in the morning and a fantastic run to do especially deserted first thing. The Waldbahn or Serfaus is also a lot quieter on the bus to get down the valley at the end of the day. The Fiss bus gets busier but they do put extra buses on if it gets full.
You can pay a few Euros extra to extend your lift pass from Ladis-Fiss-Serfaus to also include all the resorts down the valley.
snow report
skiersmum, How long does the bus take from Ried to the cablecar? It seems like a good way to make the holiday somewhat cheaper...
ski holidays
The coach journey is an enjoyable 20 minutes max depending on where you get on. We have never not got a seat together on the coach to the Waldbahn/Serfaus (Family of 3). Skis go underneath the bus. There are 2 coaches, the one to Fiss is usually very busy as that's where the ski school is. Alot of hotels etc. in Ried and Prutz give free boot/ski storage at Fiss (even the campsite!). The drivers are helpful and it is the same ones all the time.

The quieter Waldbahn coach also goes to Serfaus and you can get the underground railway (easy to use) to the gondolas at Serfaus. These gondolas are much busier than the Waldbahn Gondola in the mornings, but if you want ski school it is also at Serfaus.

My daughter (age 10) has done snowboard school at Fiss for one day and enjoyed it as there is a designated area for snowboard beginners, but most of the time we all just explore on skis. The 'animal' themed gondolas on the far side of Fiss are good fun for children, but you can get there from the Waldbahn Gondola.

I think the hotels in Prutz and Ried are cheaper than those in Serfaus and Fiss. One we noticed in Ried called The Mozart even had water slides for its indoor pool!
ski holidays
Just back. RE kids Gsyfreerider I would say that Serfaus is THE place to start them off. If very young there is a small park just above the church and infront of our hotel Cervosa. It has a perfect gentle slope a couple of travelators about 50 yds long with a few soft toys to ski around and under. There is an associated kindergarten ski school. The kids love it when they have finished skiing out come the sledges which is so much more fun without the drag back up the hill. A few kids had to be dragged away at the end of the day kicking and screaming. Up the mountain there are more special areas and even a express chair that is dedicated to families.

Tatty re accommodation. Hotel Cervosa via crystal online was amazing value and the cake trolley is the best. Crystal have 4 rooms. The station for the underground is just below the park I mentioned above so you ski across the park to it. On the way home you can ski to within 70m by taking the left turn off the main run home.

Failing that my Swiss friend stays at the hotel Furgler. Its right opposite the Raike station on the underground and looks perfect for families. It even had 6 pushchairs for guests to use in the foyer.
snow report
We stayed at the Kinder Hotel St Zeno in Serfaus last year, and thought it was one of the best resort s we have been to. The hotel is sort of all inclusive in that you get drinks free all day and they have the usual afternoon cake buffet as well. This hotel is ski in ski out if you are happy to ski down the toboggan run, it is not that difficult, my kids found it easy. The thing they liked about this hotel was the pool and the "zoo" outside with donkeys and rabbits!!
ski holidays
Netballdi, How did you get to the lifts in the morning and how long does it take to get into town from there?
ski holidays
We skied down the toboggan run and then on down the road, you did have to walk out of the ski boot room and up the hotel garden about 20 metres, but you could ski all the way back to the boot room door!
The hotel is just out of town down near the main lift. It takes about 10 minutes to walk. The hotel had a minibus that would take you if you wanted. It wasn't a problem.
ski holidays
[b]Markus, you seem to be really knowledgeable about this area. We are thinking of skiing there next winter and are finding it difficult to get a lot of info because it's not a place known to us in Canada. Can you advise:
-which town has the best access to the ski pistes?
-does Serfaus have only the gondola?.. if so, what are the lineups like?
-in Serfaus, how far does one have to walk in order to get to the lift
-in Fiss..same question
-are there shuttle busses in each town which take you to the lifts\-do you know of any town maps which show the service/routes of any bus system ?
Thanks for your info.
ski holidays
gailandnorm, I've stayed there twice but my answers are really based on my experience of staying in Serfaus both times.

1. Probably depends whereabouts you stay. Serfaus has an underground train system running through the town that takes you to the gondolas. I seem to remember it runs about every 5 mins. In the mornings it stops every station going up to the lifts (there's only 4), runs fast back down. In the afternoons, it does it the other way round Very Happy If you stay near one of the stops you're fine. There's quite a cute little website about the train http://www.funimag.com/funimag13/serfaus01.htm In addition in Serfaus it is possible to ski back to mid-way along the village.

2. Serfaus has 2 gondolas & one cable car going up from the town IIRC, never had a problem with queuing but it probably depends on the time oyu get there. Avoid just before the ski schools start!

3 & 4. Again, depends on where you're staying!

Website here http://www.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/en/winter/
The piste map for Serfaus & Fiss is here http://www.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/en/winter/winter-panorama/
Map of Serfaus here http://www.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/static/cms/portal/_shared/pdf/Ortsplan-Serfaus.pdf
Map of Fiss here http://www.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/static/cms/portal/_shared/pdf/Ortsplan-Wi-Fiss_09-10_4.pdf

Any other specific questions please just ask and I'm sure someone will be able to help. We loved the resort!

And welcome to snowHeads snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh and some other relevant previous threads here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1642924&highlight=serfaus#1642924
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1500678&highlight=serfaus#1500678
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=34976&highlight=serfaus
ski holidays
this is really helpful. Thanks very much
ski holidays
Serfaus is not on the Crystal website. How did you manage that?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy