Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Len Silver, founder of Silver Ski, has broken his neck in a ski accident

Poster: A snowHead
Len Silver, one of the best known ski chalet operators and founder of Silver Ski, has broken his neck in a white-out in La Plagne. 76-year-old Len hit a "wall" (according to this report) separating two pistes and is now recovering. He runs numerous chalets, mainly in the Trois Vallees.

This report from Hertfordshire Mercury

Quote:
"I've been skiing for over 40 years and never had a serious accident," said Len.

"It's very annoying because shortly after my accident they were putting flags and tape around the wall which is a temporary structure. I didn't see it because of the blizzard conditions."

Anyone know Len? I've a photographer friend who did a shoot for him, but have never met him.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 27-01-09 15:20; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
"It's very annoying because shortly after my accident they were putting flags and tape around the wall which is a temporary structure. I didn't see it because of the blizzard conditions."

Sounds like a serious potential for litigation.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith, Skied wiyth Len for Half an hour in La Plagne in 2005. Half an hour was enough, love;y fella and a much quicker skier than me. A bit of a legend in town.

All the best to Len
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bloody 'ell - I worked for Len for 2 seasons in Val d'Isere.

Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unlucy with the accident but very lucky to be up and arround so quickly afterwards Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Never met him but stayed in one of his chalets Smile . Here's to a speedy recovery.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Met him a few years ago in a Curry House near Maidstone with a mutual friend, he is one lifes genuinely nice guys and a very shrewd businessman. Toofy Grin he will make a speedy recovery, I can't see him doing anything else!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I hope he has as good treatment, and as speedy a recovery as Jules.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
good luck Len on your recovery.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I worked for him too - total legend! Hope he gets well soon and that the hospital had plenty of gravy in stock!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
I worked for him too - total legend! Hope he gets well soon and that the hospital had plenty of gravy in stock!

Possibly not, it seems he checked out early Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, if he was in Grenoble hospital, that is not surprising, the food was not good, although the care was fantastic. I assume he did not need surgery.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A friend of mine that was working in a bar in Plagne Soleil poured a Ham Egg & Chips over his head for being obnoxious Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Poor old Len. Worked with him the 2nd and 3rd year that he was in operation. He only had a couple of rented chalets in Verbier. We used to pich up the clients from the airport in his old Peugeot. Great guy hope he recovers soon
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Noooo...Poor old Len. A top bloke. Never met him through Skiing, but did on many occasions when his son Andy rode for Swindon Robins Speedway team. He also was a great skier/Boarder. Len also used to ride too...Balls of steel both of 'em and great lads. Hope he fully recovers...Sure he will, hard as nails.

Andy is in the Red helmet colour...Could never gate, but always rode his heart out. Remember...Acceleration faster than an F1 car with no brakes. Cool One of the most frightening things i've ever done riding a Speedway bike.

http://youtube.com/v/9nXfmZIf4DI
snow report
err, did anyone read when the news was first posted before replying??? Tue 27 Jan, 09
snow report
Haha...Classic. So i hope he made a full recovery. Confused
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy